Daily Record – March 6, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Tuesday
• Amanda Reylene Armendariz AKA Macias made an initial appearance on three counts of a probation violation charge. Jennie Wilson-Moore will continue as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Court. Armendariz is being held without bond.
• Carol A. Wilkening to Justin M. Dodd, 211 S. Seventh St.
• Express Hotels LLC to SIVA 1 Hotels LLC, 115 Iowa Ave. W
• Julie M. Andrews to Dewayne E. and Margaret L. Phillips, 303 W. Julian St., Le Grand
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, a hit and run accident was reported to the Marshalltown Police Station.
• On Monday, Amanda Macias, 28, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Sunday, a car driven by Dale David Puumala, 48, of Montour, and a vehicle driven by Cheryl Jean Wickham, 69, of Marshalltown, exited opposite parking spots in the Walmart parking lot and collided. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Puumala car was estimated at $200 while the Wickham vehicle received an estimated $2,500 in damage.
• On Monday, a pickup driven by Donald Eugene Pinney, 72, of Marshalltown, was southbound on South Sixth Street when it collided with the rear of a pickup driven by Jose Guadalupe Cordova Hernandez, 50, of Marshalltown, which was stopped at the intersection with Boone Street. No injuries were reported. Pinney was cited for failure to stop in the assured, clear distance. Damage to the Cordova Hernandez pickup was estimated at $1,500 while the Pinney pickup received an estimated $5,000 in damage.
• On Monday, a car driven by Nathaniel Byron McManus, 39, of State Center, was eastbound in the 500 block of West Boone Street when the driver was blinded by the sun and struck a illegally parked car belonging to Ericberto Torres, 21, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. McManus was cited for no valid driver’s license. Damage to the McManus car was estimated at $2,000 while the Torres car received an estimated $3,000 in damage.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Feb. 18, Kaj Robinson, 20, of Des Moines, was arrested on Highway 20 and charged with possession of a controlled substance. Robinson was released on his promise to appear.
• On Feb. 21, Richard Sweet Jr., 43, of Marshalltown, was arrested by Marshall County authorities on a Grundy County warrant charging him with contempt of court. Sweet posted bond and was released.
• On Feb. 22, Chandler Hallett, 23, of Grundy Center, was arrested in Grundy Center and charged with possession of marijuana. Hallett posted bond and was released.
• On Feb. 25, John Perry, 76, of Dike, was arrested in Dike and charged with operating while under the influence-second offense. Perry was released on his promise to appear.
• On Sunday, Shane Merry, 38, of Marshalltown, was arrested by Black Hawk County authorities on a Grundy County warrant charging him with violation of a no-contact order. Merry posted bond and was released.
• On Feb. 24, a car driven by Christopher Dixson, 23, of Chariton, was southbound on Highway 14 during whiteout conditions when it collided with the rear of a vehicle driven by Laura Barbieri, of Glen Burnie, Md., which was stuck in a snowdrift. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Barbieri vehicle was estimated at $2,500.
• On Feb. 25, a semi driven by Charles Latterner, 57, of Coalville, Utah, was eastbound on Highway 20 passing a vehicle driven by Noe Chavez-Vicente, 25, of Worthington, Minn., when the driver lost control of the vehicle and made contact with the semi trailer’s tires. No injuries were reported. Chavez-Vicente was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the the Latterner semi was estimated at $500 while the Chavez-Vicente vehicle received an estimated $5,000 in damage.
• On March 1, a vehicle driven by Preston Lynn, 24, of Reinbeck, was northbound on First Street in Dike when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Lynn vehicle was estimated at $2,000.