Faulty wiring cause of recent house fire

TIMES-REPUBLICAN

Faulty wiring is the apparent cause of a house fire that occurred earlier this week.

The Marshalltown Fire Department reported that firefighters responded at 6:23 p.m. Monday to a reported house fire at 510 N. 2nd Ave.

According to the MPD, on arrival fire crews determined all occupants were out of the house and found light smoke at the rear of the residence. Fire crews found discolored siding and when removed found the wood siding underneath had been burning. Within the wall was smoldering insulation, which was removed and extinguished. Crews removed the burned portion of the wood wall and checked for fire extension in the home. No injuries were reported and damage was estimated at $3,000.

Officials said the investigation determined the fire was the result of faulty wiring.