Blaze engulfs Gilman home

Layout 1

GILMAN — Firefighters were dispatched to 132 S. Mill St. in Gilman Sunday at around 9:35 p.m. in response to a house fire. The front of the two-story structure saw significant fire damage, as did the interior of the second story, according to a release by Gilman Fire and Rescue. The blaze is thought to have been started by “discarded smoking material.”

No one was reported injured in the fire, but the inhabitants of the building, including owner Christy Morrow, are currently displaced. The damage from the fire is estimated at $20,000, and family members said Morrow lost an oxygen concentrator that helped her with a heart condition. To donate, go to https://www.gofundme.com/4l0kzkw.