No deaths in carbon monoxide incident

Chief David Rierson and the Marshalltown Fire Department issued the following statement Wednesday afternoon in connection with the carbon monoxide incident that occurred Sunday afternoon:

“This is a correction to the news release sent on the afternoon of November 6, 2017. It was reported that one of the victims from the carbon monoxide incident at 305 E. South Street had died. It became known this morning that this information is incorrect and there were no deaths associated with this incident. The Department apologizes and accepts full responsibility for releasing this inaccurate information.”

More details in Thursday’s T-R.