Man faces multiple charges
Authorities have arrested and charged a Marshalltown man with multiple offenses including burglary and unauthorized use of a credit card.
According to a Marshalltown Police Department press release, back on Dec. 18, MPD officers responded to the 600 block of Newcastle Road on a report of two vehicle break-ins. Items were stolen from both vehicles, and including debit/credit cards.
Later on, one of the vehicle owners received electronic notification that one of their debit/credit cards had been used locally, and forwarded that information to the police. The ensuing investigation revealed surveillance footage of the suspect — Austin Peter Bair, 23 — at two local businesses.
Police made contact with Bair early Thursday morning and he was subsequently arrested and charged with the following:
• Second-degree burglary, a Class C felony;
• Third-degree burglary, a Class D felony;
• Unauthorized use of a credit card, an aggravated misdemeanor;
• Possession of a controlled substance (second offense), an aggravated misdemeanor;
• Fifth-degree theft, a simple misdemeanor;
• Possession of drug paraphernalia, a simple misdemeanor; and
• Unlawful possession of a prescription drug, a serious misdemeanor.
Bair made his initial appearance in Marshall County District Court Thursday where a preliminary hearing was scheduled for 1 p.m. Dec. 29.
He is currently being held at the Marshall County Jail on a $10,000 cash or surety bond.