Courthouse updated information
Marshall County Courthouse will be closed beginning July 20 until further notice due to the July 19 tornado.
Many of the Marshall County Offices will be opening beginning Tuesday with minimal operations at the Great Western Bank, 11 N. First Ave., Marshalltown on the Second Floor from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. See specific information regarding the office you need below. Not all phone systems are currently operational but staff is working to get these restored as quickly as possible. Watch for future press releases and check the county website for updates at www.co.marshall.ia.us.
County Attorney’s Office operations are continuing in the Courthouse, however, this office will not be open to the public. The County Attorney’s Office can be reached by phone at 641-754-6314 for questions or to schedule an appointment to be held offsite.
Auditor/Recorder’s Office: All transactions will be available Department of Natural Resources transactions can be completed in border counties of Grundy, Hardin, Jasper, Poweshiek, Story or Tama through Friday.
Board of Supervisors:
• Recovery Work Session daily at 4 p.m. will be held at the Marshall County Engineer’s Office, 101 E. Church St, Marshalltown.
Community Services: Closed beginning July 23 until further notice due to last week’s tornado.
• Motor Vehicle functions will continue to be available at Driver’s License Station at the Marshalltown Mall from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Property Tax Payments will be available beginning Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Great Western Bank building on the second floor.
Marshall County Courts Temporary Relocation:
• Civil Courts to Story County at 1315 South B Ave., Nevada, beginning July 24.
• Criminal Courts, Clerk of Court and Cashier – This includes Magistrate Court, District Associate Court, Juvenile Court, Substance and Mental Health Commitments and Small Claims Proceedings to Marshall County Sheriff’s Office at 2369 Jessup Ave., Marshalltown beginning July 24. (This is eight miles west of Marshalltown just off Highway 30. Fines and other court financial obligations may be paid online at iowacourts.gov or with the Cashier.
• Magistrate Court Rocket Docket proceedings scheduled July 27 was cancelled. Litigants will be notified concerning rescheduled Court dates by Court Order.
• Marshall County District Court will be relocated to Iowa Valley Community College District/Marshalltown Community College, 3700 S. Center St., Marshalltown in Room 527
• Court proceedings or other court business may be made to the Clerk of Court at 641-754-1603 or 641-754-1604.
• Juvenile Court Services in Marshall County call 641-753-3481, check with your Juvenile Court Officer in regards to any court hearing.
• Jury message line to check the jury schedule will be 641-754-1606.