Chancellor search committee members, key dates moving forward
The process of finding a new chancellor at Iowa Valley is under way with a serach committee formed and a general timeline of events to come.
Members of the committee will help narrow down who will replace retiring Iowa Valley Chancellor Chris Duree this summer.
Search committee members
• Robin Anctil – Iowa Valley Marketing Director
• Honoria Balogh – Ellsworth Community College English faculty
• Terry Buzzbee – Retired Group Vice President, Final Control at Emerson Process Management
• P.J. Colbert – Marshalltown Community College English faculty
• Jacque Goodman – Iowa Valley Vice Chancellor of Continuing Education and Training
• Lee Haupert – Marshalltown Community College Foundation Board member
• Larry Johnson – Iowa Valley Board President
• Deborah Jones – Iowa Valley Board member
• Darwin Miller – Ellsworth Community College Trustee Board member and Foundation Board member
• Mike Mosher – Iowa Valley Chief Information Officer
• MaryAnne Nickle – Dean of Iowa Valley Grinnell
• Roger Nissly – Ellsworth Community College Foundation Board President
• Joerg Rochlitzer – Ellsworth Community College social sciences faculty
• Valerie Ruiz – Marshalltown Community College academic advising specialist
• Sandy Supianoski – Iowa Valley Continuing Education employer relations supervisor
• Bob Untiedt – Iowa Valley Community College District Orpheum Theater Center Director
Ad hoc (non-voting) members:
• Larry Ebbers – search consultant
• Barb Jennings – Iowa Valley Assistant to the Chancellor and board secretary
• Colleen Springer – Iowa Valley Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services
• Jan. 15: Advertisements for the job opening will be sent to selected media and education publications; college officials will put together recruitment information and post it online; vacancy notices will be sent to colleges and state education departments.
• Feb. 13: First meeting of the Iowa Valley Chancellor Search Committee following the regular board meeting that day in Marshalltown.
• Feb. 15: Closing date for applications for the chancellorship.
• Feb. 20-March 1: Search committee will review application files on a secure website. The committee will use developed criteria to review applications.
• March 4: Search committee will meet to recommend six to 10 candidates for online video conference interviews.
• March 7 or 8: Online video conference interviews take place. Search committee, Iowa Valley board members and consultant Larry Ebbers will hold a conference call to recommend three to five final candidates.
• March18-29: Iowa Valley Board of Directors conducts candidate interviews.
• April 10: Board meeting to announce new chancellor selection.
Note: The dates for candidates to visit Iowa Valley communities and for the board meeting to select a final candidate for the job are yet to be determined.
Contact Adam Sodders at
(641) 753-6611 or