AEA leadership series designed to inspire area educators
Central Rivers Area Education Agency is on a mission to help Iowa educators be inspired leaders of the most innovative schools in the nation.
Leadership is defined as the ability to motivate a group of individuals to work towards a common goal. An inspired leader goes a step further to encourage others to greater effort, greater enthusiasm, and greater creativity. In order to create innovative schools, educators need to decide what that means for their students. Stephen Shapiro, noted expert on business innovation describes innovation as “staying relevant in a time of unprecedented changes.”
Schools are seeing major changes like never before and to help Iowa educators keep learning relevant to the ever-changing needs of students, Central Rivers AEA has created the Lead, Inspire, Innovate Series. This series of workshops are presented by experts in education and supported through job-embedded practices, coaching, and feedback from AEA consultants.
The purpose of this professional learning series is to give school leaders an opportunity to hear inspiring messages in order to lead in more innovative ways that will enhance learning and ensure success for each and every student.
The list of experts presenting at Central Rivers AEA during the current school year are:
• George Couros, author of the book, The Innovator’s Mindset,
• Manny Scott, an original Freedom Writer whose story is told in part in the 2007 hit movie, Freedom Writers,
• Kevin Honeycutt, a highly recognized educator and author of the book, Midnight Run,
• Dylan Wiliam, an international expert on classroom instruction and assessment,
• Rick Wormeli, an entertaining educator with expert advice on how to grade fairly and motivate students,
• Diane Sweeney and Leanna Harris, co-authors of the books, Student Centered Coaching and Coaching – The Moves, and
• Sarah Brown Wessling, 2010 National Teacher of the Year.
For more detailed information and to see the lineup of presenters planned for the 2018-19 school year, visit https://goo.gl/5U1Zox.
Amy Moine is the director of professional learning with Central Rivers Area Education Agency. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org