Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fire damages home in Le Grand

November 1, 2012
By ANDREW POTTER - Staff Writer (apotter@timesrepublican.com) , Times-Republican

LE GRAND - A fire broke out in the siding of a Le Grand home Wednesday, doing significant damage to both the exterior and interior of a portion of the home.

Le Grand Fire Department crews responded to a report of the fire just after 2 p.m. at 106 W. Fremont St. and found fire coming out of the home's siding.

The exterior fire was extinguished quickly, but later a fire flared up inside a bedroom of the home.

Article Photos

T-R PHOTO BY ANDREW POTTER
Le Grand firefighter Kelsey Thomas sprays down the siding of a home at the scene of a fire at 106 W. Fremont St. in Le Grand Wednesday afternoon.

"The fire was still underneath the floor joints," said Le Grand Fire Chief Don Weitzell.

The home is owned by Beryl Keen, who was able to make it out of the house without injury.

Weitzell said they were planning to tear up more of the walls to do more investigating. Weitzell did not know the cause of the fire on scene.

The home is located one block east of East Marshall High School and several curious students walked by the fire scene after school let out later in the afternoon. Fire crews removed a bed frame and mattresses from the home, which had burnt edges.

The Montour Fire Department assisted on the incident.

 
 

 

I am looking for: