Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fire results in $7,000 loss

October 5, 2013
By STEPHANIE IVANKOVICH - Staff Writer (sivankovich@timesrepublican.com) , Times-Republican

The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a house fire Thursday at 106 S. Fifth Street.

Everyone was out of the house upon the arrival of the two man fire team who extinguished it, at approximately 6 p.m.

The fire was caused by children playing with a lighter, said Scott Johnson, acting Marshalltown Fire Chief. There were no injuries reported, but the loss is estimated at $7,000 with a rear bedroom being damaged.

"You just need to keep your lighters and matches up away from where kids can reach them," Johnson said. "Keep them out of sight and out of their reach."

 
 

 

I am looking for: