• NARVRE Railroad Coffee, 8 a.m., at the Senior Citizens in Marshalltown.
• Railroad Retirees, 8:30 a.m., will meet at the Senior Citizens Center, 20 E. State St.
• TOPS 1243, 9 a.m., will meet at the Nazarene Church, 1015 S. Center St.
• Mid-Iowa Triumph Recovery Center, Noon, is open at new location, 101 W. Main St. in the rear. (door on First Street.) The center is open until 4 pm. The Center is for anyone 18 and older dealing with mental health/emotional issues past or present. The Center offers a safe place for peers to work on their recovery with support and activities.
• Marshalltown Noon Optimists Club, Noon, at the Best Western Regency, 3303 S. Center St., Marshalltown
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, Noon, at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Pepper Tournament, 1 p.m., at the Senior Center, first floor. Shuffleboard courts open daily. Coffee and other refreshments available. Computers and Internet service available for games or personal use
• Grief Healers Support Group, 1 p.m., sponsored by Iowa River Hospice meets until 2 p.m. at 502 Plaza Heights Rd., and is open to all individuals that have experienced the loss of a loved one. For more information call 641-753-7704 or go to www.IowaRiverHospice.org.
• Stroke and Brain Injury Support Group, 2 p.m., will meet until 3 p.m. in the back room of O’Hungry’s Restaurant at the Best Western Regency Hotel. Everyone is welcome. Questions? Contact Daryl Lorell at: 641-844-2172.
• Marshalltown Cribbage Association, 6:30 p.m., at the Marshalltown Senior Citizens Center. The group meets every Thursday. Please arrive a little early so play can begin promptly. Cribbage boards, cards, score sheets and pens will be provided. All interested are invited to join.
• Penny Bingo, 6:30 p.m., until 8:30 p.m. at the Senior Center, first floor.
• Marshalltown Al-anon Family Group, 6:30 p.m., meets at 1311 E. Nevada St. For questions call 641-691-1989.
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 8 p.m., at 1311 E. Nevada St.
To have an event listed in the Community Calendar, e-mail email@example.com. The T-R reserves the right to limit listings to nonprofit entities.