Daily Record, April 28, 2017
Marshall County Courthouse
• Michael Andrew Parkin made an initial appearance on two warrants charging him with failure to appear for a contempt hearing and on a mittimus warrant for failure to serve a 25 day jail sentence. Merrill Swartz will continue as counsel. The contempt hearings are rescheduled at 9 a.m. on May 17. Bond for the contempt hearings is at $1,000 cash or surety for each count. Parkin is serving his 25 day jail sentence.
• Isaac J. Lincoln made an initial appearance on a violation of probation charge. Lincoln will hire his own counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled a at 3:30 p.m. on May 10. Lincoln is being held without bond.
• Ryan Lee Stubbs made an initial appearance on two warrants charging him with failure to appear for pre-trial conferences on two theft-fifth degree charges. Aaron Vaughn will continue as counsel. The pre-trial conferences are rescheduled for 9 a.m. on May 10 in Magistrate Court. Stubbs is released on his promise to appear.
• Prentiss R. Wolf Jr., of Tama, made an initial appearance on a violation of a no-contact order charge. Wolf pleaded not guilty. The court appointed Allen Richards as counsel. A pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9 a.m. on May 24 in Magistrate Court. Wolf is released on his promise to appear.
• The Beverly J. Wagner Revocable Trust, Beverly J. Wagner Trustee to Edward L. and Lorraine A. Schultz, 514 E. Olive St., Unit #102
• The Estate of Lester Schmidt to Cara Sue Jackson, 510 Bromley St.
Marshalltown Fire Department
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a smoke or odor removal at 2 N. Second Ave., and five medical assists with the EMS crew to: 308 Innes Blvd., 203 N. Fourth Ave., 112 N. First St., 2204 Dubois Circle, and 712 E. Anson St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a good intent call to 1700 S. Fourth St., two outside rubbish fires at 912 S. First Ave., and 704 W. Linn St., a motor vehicle accident with injuries at 1000 S. Center St., a brush or grass fire on South 12th Avenue and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 707 W. Boone St., 112 N. First St., 108 S. Second St., 3402 S. Center St., 1606 W. Lincoln Way, and 511 N. 12th Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an outside rubbish fire at 504 N. Third Ave., a dispatched/cancelled en route to 1211 W. State St., and two medical assists with the EMS crew to 304 Sharon Ave., and 309 N. First St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a medical assist with the EMS crew to 2510 S. Sixth St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to five medical assists with the EMS crew to: 505 Roberts Terrace, 2005 Blossom Lane, 105 N. Center St., 3700 S. Center St., and 532 N. First St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an alarm system malfunction at 208 S. First Ave., a motor vehicle accident with no injuries at 329 S. Third Ave., and five medical assists with the EMS crew to: the 300 block of West Lincoln Street, 413 N. 15th St., 1500 Lincoln Tower Circle, 207 Rainbow Drive, and 704 N. Center St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to two outside rubbish fires at 1700 S. Fourth St., and 504 N. Third Ave., two detector activations-no fire-unintentional at 1301 Summit St., a smoke detector activation-no fire-unintentional at 511 E. Church St., and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 211 W. Church St., 204 N. Second St., 402 Woodland St., 1712 Olson Way, 608 E. Olive St., and 1902 Blossom Lane.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Tuesday, Anthony Marson was arrested for theft-second degree and forgery.
• On Monday, Cameron Hayden was arrested for public intoxication.
• On Monday, Chancey Amos Frazier was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and on a warrant.
• On Monday, Joy Renae Osland was arrested for dogs at large.
• On Monday, Michael Gerard Diggins was arrested for child endangerment-no injury.
• On Monday, Sondra Ragen Alas was arrested on a warrant.
• On Saturday, a car driven by a 16-year-old girl from Marshalltown was southbound on South Center Street when it collided with the rear of a vehicle driven by Kendra Sue Castellanos, of Marshalltown, which was stopped waiting for a vehicle to turn left. Castellanos was transported to Central Iowa Healthcare. Damage to the Castellanos vehicle was estimated at $100 while the juvenile’s car received an estimated $20 in damage.
• On April 21, a Jeep driven by Luzviminda C. Arcelo, of Marshalltown, was left onto 11th Avenue from Main Street when it collided with the front of a car driven by Eric Carl Lewis, of Marshalltown, which was stopped at the stop sign. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Lewis car was estimated at $50 while the Arcelo Jeep received an estimated $1,500 in damage.