Daily Record, May 4, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Zachary Blaze Miller made an initial appearance on a criminal mischief-second degree charge, a burglary-third degree charge, a theft-fifth degree charge, a public intoxication charge and a trespass-first offense charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on May 11. Bond is set at $10,000 cash or surety.
• Omar Garcia made an initial appearance on a driving while barred charge, a driving while revoked charge and a no valid driver’s license charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on May 23. Garcia is released on his promise to appear.
• Debra Louise Patterson made an initial appearance on a possession of contraband in a correctional facility charge, a possession of marijuana-first offense charge and a public intoxication charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on May 11. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered upon release with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Omer Abdalla Omer made an initial appearance through a Tigrinya interpreter on a driving under suspension charge and a failure to obey a traffic control device charge. Omer pleaded guilty to both charges. On the driving under suspension charge the fine is $250 with a $87.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $397.50. The fine on the traffic control device charge is $100 with a $35 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $195. All payments are due within 30 days.
• Charlene L. and Michael E. Martin to Amy J. and Travis O. Lehman, 607 Jerome St.
• Janet Renee Halverson, Janet Renee Zeisness to David R. Danielson II and Kendra D. Danielson, 2508 Starry Grove Road
• Capital One Bank, Gregory M. Hoing, Lorretta Hoing, State of Iowa, Sheriff of Marshall County and US Bank to Kevin Frye, 307 Drury Lane, Le Grand
• S&E Investments LLC to Scott Bowie, 208 S. 16th Ave.
• Keavin J. Hill II to Gunner Connett and Jonathon E. Remster, 906 W. Nevada St.
• MRolson Inc. to R & J Rethmeier Family Farm LLC, 1923 310th St., Melbourne
• Marilyn and Tom Niehus to Marshalltown Company, 4 S. Eighth Ave.
• Virginia Zahnd to Donald Zahnd, 401 Sixth St. SE, State Center
• Dana and James B. Larson to Dave Olerich, 106 S. Franklin St., Le Grand
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, a case of identity theft was reported to the Marshalltown Police Department.
• On Wednesday, a report of vandalism valued between $1,000-$10,000 occurred in the 1700 block of Fremont Street.
• On Wednesday, Larisa Suarez, 18, was arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, theft-fifth degree-shoplifting and possession of alcohol under the legal age limit.
• On Wednesday, Debra Patterson, 56, was arrested for possession of contraband in a correctional facility, possession of marijuana-first offense and public intoxication-first offense.
• On Wednesday, Sher Ni, 28, was arrested for public intoxication-first offense.
• On Wednesday, Kimberly Rollins, 33, was arrested for assault with intent to inflict serious injury.
• On Wednesday, Johnathan Albee, 26, was arrested for sex offender registry violation-first offense.
• On Wednesday, a car driven by a 17-year-old female from Le Grand was eastbound on Lincoln Street when it attempted to go around a vehicle driven by Julie Vanessa Parra, 31, of Marshalltown, as it was in the process of making a left turn resulting in a collision. No injuries were reported. The juvenile was cited for driving on the wrong side of a two-way highway. Damage to the juvenile’s car was estimated at $800 while the Parra vehicle received an estimated $1,500 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Thursday, April 19, the theft of a iPod MP3 player was reported to the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office.
• On Sunday, April 22, a theft of a Monster Moto mini bike and a Raza Electric Dirt bike were reported in the town of Liscomb.
• On Wednesday, Kimberly Marie Rollins, 33, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Monday, April 30, a tractor pulling a field cultivator after dark driven by Zachary Steven Johnson, 22, of Marshalltown, was making a turn in a field when it struck a shared utility pole. No injuries were reported. Damage to the field cultivator was estimated at $7,500 while the ITC Midwest portion of the pole received an estimated $10,000 in damage and the Alliant Energy portion an estimated $1,000 in damage.
• On Sunday, April 29, a car driven by Jennifer Kristine Brisson, 24, of Marshalltown, was southbound on Highway 330 when it struck a deer that ran onto the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Brisson car was estimated at $4,000.
• On Sunday, April 29, a car driven by Chad Paul Reed, 28, of Laurel, was southbound on Reed Avenue when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage tot he Reed car was estimated at $10,000.