Daily Record, June 1, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Ronald Lee Daniel made an initial appearance on a public intoxication charge. Daniel pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days.
• Robert Dewayne Clark made an initial appearance on an assault causing bodily injury or mental illness charge. Clark will hire his own counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on June 8. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• The Estate of Barbara J. Soorholtz to Douglas D. and Sandra J. Nelson, 15 Third St., Melbourne
• Allison L. and Cody Mills, Allison L. Riesberg to Mark P. and Ruzann Leutfeld, 331 Lily Lane
• ILS LLC and Marshalltown Properties LLC to Amanda Gram, 705 Turner St.
• Julio Elizarrarai Gutierrez and Angelina Rivera Celio to Rosalva Ochoa, 403 N. 11th Ave.
• Marisol Aguero Garcia, Antonio Botello, Eustolia Botello and Hector M. Garcia to Katelyn M. Clough and Cory J. Larson, 2548 250th St.
• Vicki Contreras, Robert A. Lee, Robert Lee Jr. and Vicki Lee to Adriana and Jose Angel Regalado, 312 S. 17th Ave.
• Cynthia L. Wise Revocable Trust, Cynthia L. and John S. Wise Trustee to Gabriel Stone, 2910 Cooper Lane
• Frances P. and James R. Bowman, Brafford J. and Mary E. Manatt to Gabriel Stone, 2910 Cooper Lane
• Frank E. and Robin M. Wilcox to Bethany L. and Chase M. Tanke, 395 First Ave., Ferguson
• Fortunato Pena to Juan Manuel Banderas Gonzalez and Javier Ortiz Ortiz Perez, 12 S. 13th St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, a hit and run accident was reported in the 500 block of Sharon Avenue.
• On Wednesday, a theft from a motor vehicle was reported in the 1000 block of West State Street.
• On Thursday, Robert Clark, 51, was arrested for assault causing bodily injury or mental illness.
• On Wednesday, Timothy Nelson, 29, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance-second offense and burglary-second degree.
• On Wednesday, Ronald Daniel, 62, was arrested for public intoxication-first offense.
• On Wednesday, John Tejada, 64, was arrested for no proof of vaccination.
• On Wednesday, Jacy Leigh Barnes, 27, was arrested for possession of marijuana-first offense, possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to maintain safety belts.
• On May 22, a pickup pulling a flatbed trailer driven by Kevin Leroy Ferrel, 41, of Birmingham, was northbound on Wallace Avenue, stopped at the Garwin Road and then proceeded forward where a pickup pulling a small trailer with a lawn mower on top driven by Richard Allen Williams, 67, of Marshalltown, collided with the trailer on the driver’s side disabling the truck and trailer. No injuries were reported. Ferrel was cited for failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way. Damage to both units was estimated at $6,000 each.
• On Monday, a car driven by Terry Ray Hugen, 62, of Marshalltown, was northbound on Reed Avenue when it struck a deer that entered the roadway near 280th Street. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Hugen car was estimated at $1,700.
• On Monday, a car driven by Cody Micheal Varnum, 21, of Marshalltown, was westbound on Highway 30 when a deer entered the roadway and struck the driver’s side of the car. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Varnum car was estimated at $1,500.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Tedlana Jo Halverson, 53, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Rosalinda Torres Mora, 34, was arrested on a warrant.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Monday, Marquita Spates, 34, of Des Moines, was arrested on Highway 20, following several calls of erratic driving, and charged with operating while intoxicated-first offense and child endangerment. Spates remains in jail in lieu of a $5,000 bond.