Daily Record, July 31, 2018
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Friday, a theft of a motor vehicle was reported in the 400 block of West High Street.
• On Friday, two burglaries were reported in the 1000 block of Iowa Avenue West.
• On Saturday, an attempted burglary was reported in the 1100 block of Jackson Street.• On Sunday, a theft was reported in the 1500 block of Summit Street.
• On Sunday, a burglary resulting in a theft was reported in the 900 block of Iowa Avenue West.
• On Sunday, a burglary and property damage was reported in the 200 block of North Second Avenue.
• On Friday, Elizabeth Bell, 30, was arrested for assault causing bodily injury and criminal mischief-fourth degree.
• On Saturday, Joshua Comer, 34, was arrested for contempt of court/violation of a no-contact order.
• On Saturday, Jonathon Walker, 25, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Saturday, Andrew Smet, 25, was arrested for contempt of court/violation of a no-contact order.
On Sunday,Shelbie Anderson, 29, was arrested for operating while under the influence-first offense.
• On Sunday, Rafael Barboza, 40, was arrested for public intoxication-first offense.
• On Sunday, Deanna Witte, 47, was arrested for no proof of vaccination.
• On Monday, Tearstyn Zitzow, 21, was arrested for possession of marijuana-third or subsequent offense, possession of drug paraphernalia and on a warrant.’
• On Monday, Jeffrey Lenhart, 32, was arrested for driving while barred-habitual offender.
• On Friday, a car driven by a 16-year-old male from Conrad was northbound on the Frontage Road at the intersection with Merle Hibbs Boulevard when it proceeded forward and collided with a car driven by Marilyn Joyce DeJong, 71, of Marshalltown, which was westbound on Merle Hibbs. No injuries were reported. The juvenile was cited for failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way.
• On Saturday, a pickup driven by Terry Keith Pepper, 73, of Marshalltown, was southbound on South Sixth Street when it collided with the rear of a vehicle driven by Jennifer Joy Dwyer, 41, of Bondurant, which was stopped waiting to make a left turn. No injuries were reported. Pepper was cited for failure to stop in the assured, clear distance. Damage to the Pepper pickup was estimated at $5,000 while the Dwyer vehicle received an estimated $3,000 in damage.
• On Saturday, a minivan driven by Levi David Phillips, 22, of Marshalltown, was southbound on Sixth Street approaching the intersection with West State Street. The stop sign was down after the tornado and Phillips continued to cross State Street when it collided with a vehicle driven by Juan Hernandez-Cervantes, 37, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $3,000 each.
• On Saturday, a car driven by a 16-year-old from Melbourne was westbound on Merle Hibbs Boulevard when it struck a bicycle driven by Carl Joseph Steuhm, 67, of Marshalltown. Steuhm received minor injuries.
• On Monday, a car driven by Shelbie Marie Anderson, 29, of Lawler, was southbound on South Third Avenue when it left the roadway to the right, struck a sign post and re-entered the roadway , but was disabled. No injuries were reported. Anderson was taken into custody for operating while intoxicated. Damage to the Anderson car was estimated at $10,000 while the sign pole received an estimated $150 in damage.