Daily Record, March 15, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Thursday
• Dustin Reed Susie made an initial appearance on six counts of a burglary-third degree charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on March 22. Bond is set at $10,000 cash only.
• Deandre Antonio Davis made an initial appearance on a domestic abuse assault-impeding the flow of air or blood causing bodily injury charge and a child endangerment charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on March 22. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected parties.
• Andrew M. Schooley made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. Jennifer Frese will continue as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled at 10 a.m. on March 25. Schooley is being held without bond.
• Logan Andrew Calkins made an initial appearance on a theft-fifth degree charge. Calkins pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on May 29 in Magistrate Court. Jeff Hazen has been appointed as counsel. Calkins is released with supervision through the Department of Correctional Services and is to report to the adult probation office to sign a pre-trial release agreement.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, a theft of a motor vehicle was reported in the 800 block of May Street.
• On Wednesday, vandalism to property in the commission of a burglary was reported in the 600 block of West Nevada Street.
• On Wednesday, Refugio Gonzalez, 24, was arrested for possession of marijuana-third or subsequent offense and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Wednesday, Deandre Davis, 20, was arrested for child endangerment and domestic abuse assault-impeding the flow of air or blood causing bodily injury.
• On Wednesday, Jillisa Handorf, 39, was arrested for harassment-third degree.
• On Wednesday, Juan Mendoza Garcia, 20, was arrested for possession of marijuana-first offense and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Thursday, Lilea Moore, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Wednesday, a car driven by Maria Garcia-Alcaraz, 19, of Marshalltown, was eastbound in the Marshalltown Mall parking lot when the driver attempted to enter a driving lane and collided with the side of a car driven by Cynthia Elizabeth Pereyra, 20, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Garcia-Alcaraz car was estimated at $700 while the Pereyra car received an estimated $1,500 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Andrew Michael Schooley, 26, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Bridget Jackson, 33, was arrested for unlawful possession of prescription drugs, controlled substance violation and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On March 9, a pickup driven by Richert Alan Dart, 40, of Baxter, was southbound Hart Avenue when it hit a patch of ice and encountered strong winds resulting in the pickup leaving the roadway and colliding with the rear of a pickup driven by Miko Ian Geddes, 49, of State Center, which had left the road earlier and was awaiting a tow. Dart complained of head pain resulting from the deployment of his airbag. Damage to the Geddes pickup was estimated at $2,500 while the Dart pickup received an estimated $3,000 in damage.• On Wednesday, a vehicle driven by Kassandra Karlene Stockdale, 31, of Grundy Center, was southbound on Wallace Avenue when it got too close to the edge of the roadway and sideswiped a Nissan Titan that was parked on the shoulder to use the cell phone. No injuries were reported. Stockdale was cited for operation without registration and no insurance-accident. Damage to the Stockdale vehicle was estimated at $1,500 while the Nissan Titan received an estimated $1,000 in damage.