Daily Record — March 22, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Thursday
• Thomas Steven Marson made an initial appearance on two counts of a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only.
• Cloe Renee Kelling made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a sentencing hearing charge. Marshon Dubbert will continue as counsel. The sentencing hearing will be rescheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety. Kelling needs to complete a substance abuse evaluation before sentencing.
• Eusebio Bonilla Minjares made an initial appearance through a Spanish interpreter on a failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way. Bonilla Minjares pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on April 24 in Magistrate Court.
• The Estate of Ruth Janet George to Kurt Joseph Daniels, 204 Pleasantview Road
• Steven Gene Finch, Marshall County Sheriff and Judith McGinnis to Wells Fargo Bank, 1516 Clinton St.
• Wells Fargo Bank to Secretary of Veterans Affairs, 1516 Clinton St.
• Cara Sue Jackson to Randy L. Hinders, 510 Bromley St.
• Carrington Mortgage Services LLC to Tyler Maddick and Ben Starn, 306 Second Ave. NE, State Center
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, a hit and run accident-property damage only was reported in the 200 block of North 13th Street.
• On Wednesday, theft of a motor vehicle valued greater than $10,000 was reported on Fourth Avenue.
• On Thursday, Htay Rah, 32, was arrested for open container.
• On Wednesday, Cloe Kelling, 19, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Angela Ruiz Rivera, 30, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Wednesday, Joseph Bown, 38, was arrested for forgery.
• On Wednesday, a pickup driven by Mustafa Laith Abdelshahid, 27, of Eldora, was eastbound on Highway 30 when the driver spotted two deer in the median. One of the deer crossed the eastbound lanes and struck the pickup. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Abdelshahid pickup was estimated at $10,000.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Tuesday, a theft from a motor vehicle and a burglary of a motor vehicle was reported in Le Grand.
• On Wednesday, a theft of a refrigerator was reported in Le Grand.
• On Wednesday, Quentin Paul McGachey, 35, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, David Garcia-Tapia, 38, was arrested for interference with official acts and public intoxication-first offense.
• On Wednesday, Raul Ricardo Mares Rodriguez, 27, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Joshua Thorne, 37, was arrested for driving while barred.
• On Sunday, a car driven by Philip Stanley Ruopp, 65, of Marshalltown, was southbound on Zeller Avenue when the driver lost consciousness with no warning resulting in the car crossing the traveled portion of the roadway, entering a deep portion of the east ditch and striking a tree head-on where it came to rest. Ruopp was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown by a family member. Damage to the Ruopp car was estimated at $5,000.• On Monday, March 18, a Jeep driven by Fredrick Alan Wierschke, 59, of Newton, was northbound on Highway 14 when the driver lost control on the frosty roadway, swerved to the left, crossed the centerline and exited the roadway to the right turning over onto the driver’s side in the ditch. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Wierschke Jeep was estimated at $1,500.
• On Monday, a minivan driven by William Shane Christy, 49, of Marshalltown, was northbound on Zeller Avenue when it struck a deer that ran out in front of the minivan. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Christy minivan was estimated at $5,000.