Daily Record, June 26, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Tuesday
• Shaddare Jammal Watkins made an initial appearance on a driving while barred charge, a failure to maintain control charge, a no insurance-accident charge, a reckless driving charge, a driving under suspension charge, a leaving the scene of an accident charge, a driving on the wrong side of a two-way highway charge, a pre-trial violation charge and a failure to file a written arraignment charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing on the new charges is set at 1 p.m. on July 3. The arraignment hearing is rescheduled for the same date and time. Bond is set at $10,000 cash only.
• Jonathan Matthew Parker made an initial appearance on a burglary charge and a trespass-first offense charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on July 12. The bond will remain as posted at $5,000 until the conclusion of this case.
• Brenda Melissa Valles made an initial appearance on three counts of a child endangerment charge and a domestic abuse assault charge. Valles will hire her own counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on July 12. Valles is released through the Department of Correctional Services and it is to report to the adult probation office within 48 hours to sign a pre-trial release agreement. No-contact orders were issued for the protected parties.
• Shalene Lee Ironshield made an initial appearance on a failure to file a written arraignment charge. The public defender’s office will continue as counsel. The arraignment hearing is rescheduled for 1 p.m. on July 3. Ironshield is released on her promise to appear.
• Jillissa Sue Handorf made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. Tyler Heeren is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on July 29.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, a bicycle riden by a 9-year-old female was eastbound on Woodbury Street at the intersection with North 11th Avenue when the bike’s brakes failed and she collided with the rear fender of a white SUV which left the scene of the accident.
• On Thursday, an unknown driver and vehicle struck a legally parked Pontiac Sunfire on West Boone Street and then left the scene. Damage to the Sunfire was estimated at $3,000.
• On Friday, a van driven by David Adalberto Torres, 60, of Marshalltown, was parked on the east side of Center Street and attempted to merge into traffic when it collided with the passenger side of a vehicle driven by Fredy Gustavo Moz, 35, of Marshalltown, which was northbound on Center Street. No injuries were reported. Torres was cited for no valid driver’s license and no insurance-accident. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $2,000 each.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Thursday, Troy Anthony Williams, 39, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Friday, Jeffrey Lynn Ross, 49, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Friday, Christopher Lartes Proctor, 36, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Saturday, Thomas Hooper, 27, was arrested for disorderly conduct.
• On Saturday, Adrian Kincade, 41, was arrested on a warrant charging him with assault while displaying a dangerous weapon.
• On Sunday, Justin Coon, 34, was arrested for public intoxication-first offense and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Sunday, Essence Hoag, 23, was arrested for operating while under the influence-first offense.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, Julie Dobraska, 54, was arrested for littering and operating while under the influence-first offense.
• On Monday, Shalane Ironshield, 32, was arrested for failure to file an arraignment in a domestic abuse assault and child endangerment case.