Daily Record, June 5, 2019
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, a vandalism to property in the commission of a burglary to a motor vehicle was reported in the 10 block of Lafrentz Lane.
• On Tuesday, Francisco Perdue, 22, was arrested for trespass-first offense.
• On Monday, Kevin Eggers, 64, was arrested for controlled substance violation and possession of marijuana-third or subsequent offense.
• On Monday, Salud Castillo, 25, was arrested for violation of probation.
• On Monday, Anthony Shearer, 34, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Saturday, a Ford pickup was legally parked when it rolled into a legally parked Chevy Impala. Damage to the Impala was estimated at $3,000.
• On Saturday, a semi driven by Christina Marie Starkweather, 50, of Sheldon, was attempting to turn onto Hilltop Drive from North 27th Street and ended up on the south side of the street across both lanes and on the north side of a yard resulting in damage to the street and the yard. No injuries were reported. Damage to the road was estimated at $3,000 while the yard received an estimated $500 in damage.
• On Friday, a vehicle driven by Barbara Ruth Bingaman, 70, of Marshalltown, was northbound on South 12th Avenue attempting a turn onto East Anson Street when it crossed the path of a vehicle driven by David James Forrest, 56, of Marshalltown, resulting in a collision. No injuries were reported. Bingaman was cited for failure to yield upon a left turn. Damage to the Bingaman vehicle was estimated at $5,000 while the Forrest vehicle received an estimated $2,500 in damage.
• On Friday, a car driven by Theresa A. McCombs, 51, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on Nevada Street approaching the intersection with Fourth Street when the McCombs car passed the stop sign and collided with a car driven by Maria Martinez, 53, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. McCombs was cited for failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way. Damage to the McCombs car was estimated at $3,500 while the Martinez car received an estimated $4,000 in damage.
• Tuesday, May 28, a minivan driven by Crucita De Paula Nunez De Ba, 33, of Marshalltown, was westbound on East State Street approaching the intersection with North Third Avenue when it entered the intersection on a red light and collided broadside with a vehicle driven by Eva Ordaz Hernandez, 43, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Ordaz Hernandez was cited for no insurance-accident and De Paula Nunez De Ba was cited for failure to obey a traffic control device and no insurance-accident. Damage to the De Paula Nunez De Ba minivan was estimated a $1,500 while the Ordaz Hernandez vehicle received an estimated $3,000 in damage.
• On Monday, a car driven by Benjamin M. Westphal, 38, of Marshalltown, was northbound on North Center Street approaching the Iowa River Bridge when a deer jumped onto the roadway and was struck. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Westphal car was estimated at $4,000.
Marshall County Courthouse
• Timothy James Leavy Sr. made an initial appearance on a failure to file a guilty plea charge. Marshon Dubbert will continue as counsel. The guilty plea must be filed before the end of work on June 10. Leavy is released on his promise to appear.
• Tayren Reese Rockingham made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Rockingham is released on his promise to appear.
• Salud Castillo made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. Aaron Siebrecht will continue as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Court. Bond is set at $10,000 cash only.
• John Paul Merschbrock made an initial appearance on a parole violation charge. Jeffrey Hazen is appointed as counsel. The parole revocation hearing will be scheduled by the Administrative Court Judge and the Department of Correctional Services. Merschbrock is being held without bond.
• Beverly and Harlan Else to Julia J. Welker, 211 Third St. NW, State Center
• Matthew J. Eberle to Jose A. Marceleno Martinez and Celia Marceleno, 303 Wauconda Road
• Carmen Ruth and Francis Dale Rawlings to Brian Rawlings, 120 S. 10th St.
• Patricia L. Duff to Alejandra Alcocer and Moises Hernandez Sanchez, 1001 W. Boone St.
• The Estate of Nancy K. Kerns to Rachel Knights and Trevor Long, 400 E. Dawn St., Le Grand.
• The Estate of Johnnie R Hanes to Imperium Properties LLC, 305 Third St. SW, State Center
• Glenna Ann and Harold R. Crannell to James M. and Jana Stanton, 2213 Maple Blvd.
• Superior Housing Cooperative No. 17 Inc. to Matt Reisselman, 402 Plaza Heights Road
• Lisa A. Hicks to Howard L. Flowers, 505 W. Church St.
• Mary Ann Tichy to Candi and Jeffrey L. Tichy, 303 S. Prairie St., Le Grand
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, Francisco Javier Perdue, 22, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Saturday, a car driven by Richard Leroy Goshon, 78, of Marshalltown, was northbound on Reed Avenue when it struck a deer causing severe front damage. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Goshon car was estimated at $5,000.
• On Wednesday, May 29, a pickup driven by Robert John Muff, 67, of New Providence, was southbound on Binford Avenue when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Muff pickup was estimated at $1,500.
• On Friday, May 10, a vehicle driven by Lindsey Marie Gibson, 22, of Altoona, was southbound on Highway 330 when an Audi driven by an unknown driver which exited the eastbound ramp from Highway 30 and then proceeded to leave the scene of the accident. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Gibson vehicle was estimated at $7,500.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Friday, May 31, Jordan Stone, 29, of Dike, was arrested at the intersection of 160th Street and S Avenue for operating while under the influence-third offense. Stone remains in jail in lieu of a $10,000 bond.
• On Friday, May 31, Bryan Rudd, 27, of Waterloo, was arrested in Grundy Center for driving while barred. Rudd was released on a $5,000 bond.
• On Monday, May 27, Tanner Bollinger, 33, of Waterloo, was arrested by Benton County authorities on a Grundy County warrant charging him with probation violation. Bollinger posted bond an was released.