Daily Record, July 20, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
• Jerry Lavelle Martin, III made an initial appearance on a trespass charge. Martin pleaded guilty and the fine is $250 with a $87.50 surcharge, a $125 law enforcement initiative surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $522.50, due by Sept. 30.
• Bernard A. Brooks made an initial appearance on a prohibited use of fireworks charge. Brooks pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due by Sept. 30.
• Dillon Robert Schultz made an initial appearance on a speeding charge, a driving under suspension charge and an eluding charge. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Aug. 5. Bond will continue as posted until the conclusion of this case.
• Paige Eilene Brown made an initial appearance on an identity theft charge, a driving while barred charge, an operating while under the influence-first offense charge, three counts of a malicious prosecution charge, a driving under suspension charge, a littering charge and an open container charge. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Aug. 5. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. Brown is released with supervision through the Department of Correctional Services and is to report to the adult probation office within 96 hours to sign a pre-trial release agreement. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Kenneth Tyler Aschan made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge and an interference with official acts charge. Aschan pleaded guilty to both charges and the fine on each is $250 with a $87.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $397.50, due by Sept. 30.
• Alexis Rae Turnbull made an initial appearance on a leaving the scene of an accident charge. Turnbull pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due by Sept. 30.
• James D. Wood to Borota Rentals LLC, 8 S. Fifth St.
• Elizabeth A. Siemers to Oscar Francisco Cardenas Sotelo and Tabitha L. Cardenas, 201 NewCastle Road
• Donald and Kimberly K. Butler, Kimberly K. Iverson to Dah Paw, 306 S. 12th Ave. Place
• Denise M. Weil to Calvin and Sandra Dale, 12 W. Olive St.
• Aage J. and Jean M. Larsen to Karen L. Stanley and Alice L. Williams, 1108 W. Main St.
• Habitat for Humanity Marshall County, Marshall County Habitat for Humanity to Habitat for Humanity Mid Iowa Inc., 712 W. Lincoln Way
• Maria T. Ramirez Garcia to Nathaniel F. Lins, 712 W. Lincoln Way
• Jerald L. and Mary K. Stahlhut to Malik J. Logsdon, 303 Park St.
• Ellen L. Paxson to Maria T. Ramirez, 614 E. Anson St.
• Edmund L. and Marcia E. Molinsky to Baw Reh, 2510 S. Second Ave.
• Kevin Wayne and Stefanie Jo Anderson to Karl W. Anderson Revocable Trust, Karl W. Anderson Trustee and Nancy N. Anderson Revocable Trust, Nancy N. Anderson Trustee, 307 Seventh Ave. SW, State Center
• Leslie Mortier Shaw II Revocable Trust, Mark Weis Trustee and James J. Roth Trustee to Mark A. Weis, 1208 S. Third St.
• Dennis Michael and Diane Kay McWilliams to Bu Meh, 1208 E. State St.
• Shirley A. Schaper to G. Neil and Jane L. Whetstone, 310 Second Ave. SW, State Center
• Danielle K. Phillips, Danielle K. Plaehn to Dennis M. Plaehn, 2620 Ridge Road
• State of Iowa, Marshall County Sheriff and Bobbi Lorraine Roberts to Carrington Mortgage Services LLC, 506 S. Fifth St.
• Protoss LLC to Regalados Realty Corp., 702 Roberts Terrace
• Adrian J. Doyle to Mary M. Bowen, 602 Jerome St.
• Nellie M. Casterline to Jackie L. Hopp, 315 S. 14th Ave.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Friday, a case of criminal mischief resulting in a burglary was reported in the 800 block of South Sixth Street.
• On Thursday, a theft from a motor vehicle was reported to the Marshalltown Police Station.
• On Thursday, a theft was reported in the 300 block of West Merle Hibbs Boulevard.
• On Thursday, Jerry Martin III, 23, was arrested for trespass-first offense.
• On Thursday, a car driven by Jose De Jesus Minjarez Olague, 23 of Marshalltown, was eastbound on East Anson Street stopped at the intersection with 18th Avenue and then proceeded forward making a wide turn north and collided with the rear of a vehicle driven by Lisa Mae Blabaum, 56, of Liscomb, which was in the outside lane heading north. No injuries were reported. Minjarez Olague was cited for turning at intersections and no insurance. Damage to the Minjarez Olague car was estimated at $3,000 while the Blabaum vehicle received an estimated $1,800 in damage.
• On Thursday, a vehicle driven by Jane Sun Miller, 30, of Marshalltown, was westbound on Iowa Avenue West when it collided with the rear of a vehicle driven by Brook Elizabeth Rosacker, 18, of Marshalltown, which had slowed for a turning vehicle as she was pushed into a vehicle driven by Ryley Andrew Scott Faircloth, 22, of Haverhill. No injuries were reported. Sun Miller was cited for failure to stop in the assured, clear distance. Damage to the Sun Miller and Rosacker vehicles was estimated at $5,000 each while the Faircloth vehicle received an estimated $2,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Thursday, Elizabeth Andrade, 33, was arrested on a warrant.
Marshalltown Fire Department
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an assist police or other government agency at 711 N. Fourth St., a dispatched/cancelled en route to 711 N. Fourth St. and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 301 S. Fourth Ave., 610 Reynolds Road, 533 N. Third St., 2208 Sugar Creek Lane, 915 W. Merle Hibbs Blvd. and 1408 S. Second Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to five medical assists with the EMS crew to: 616 Lee St., 206 S. Third Ave., 2500 S. Center St., 329 S. Third Ave. and 2907 S. Sixth St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a building fire at 711 N. Fourth Ave., an unauthorized burning at 411 E. Boone St., a motor vehicle accident with injuries at Fourth Street and Main Street, a medical assist with the EMS crew to 2205 S. Third Ave. and a dispatched/cancelled en route to 204 Plaza Heights Road.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a dispatched/cancelled en route to 1308 E. Olive St., a vehicle accident, general cleanup at Highland Acres Road and Iowa Avenue West, a no incident found upon arrival at the dispatch address at 522 N. Second St., an EMS call excluding vehicle accident with injuries at 401 N. First St. and eight medical assists with the EMS crew to: 507 Bromley St., 211 E. Nevada St., 2901 S. Second St., 2021 Elmcrest Drive, 329 S. Third Ave., 1208 S. Second Ave., 11 N. Eighth Ave. and 706 W. Main St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an EMS call excluding vehicle accident with injuries at Turner Street and South 10th Avenue, an off-road vehicle or heavy equipment fire at 610 E. Main St., a vehicle accident, general cleanup at Center Street and Southridge Road, an alarm system activation-no fire-unintentional at 1301 Summit St., a motor vehicle accident with injuries at 18th Avenue and Anson Street, a medical assist with the EMS crew to 7 N. 17th St. and a smoke detector activation due to malfunction at 806 May St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an unauthorized burning at East South Street and South Sixth Avenue, a smoke scare at 107 E. Southridge Road, a steam, vapor, fog or dust thought to be smoke at Center Street and Anson Street and three medical assists with the EMS crew to: 410 E. State St., 408 N. 17th St. and 1309 Rolling Meadows Road.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an alarm system activation-no fire-unintentional at 1301 Summit St., a search for a person in the water in the Iowa River and three medical assists with the EMS crew to: 1211 W. State St., 306 S. Second St. and 2801 Nelson Road.