Daily Record, July 23, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Monday
• Kevin Joseph Leavy made an initial appearance on a public intoxication charge. Leavy pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days.
• Jonathan Lealand Ferguson made an initial appearance through counsel Aron Vaughn on a driving while barred charge, a no valid driver’s license charge, a no insurance charge and a driving under suspension charge. Ferguson pleaded not guilty.
• Joel Angel Gomez made an initial appearance through counsel, Barry Kaplan, on a theft-second degree charge.
• Shannon Lyn McKay failed to make an appearance on a driving under suspension charge and McKay was found guilty. The fine is $250 with a $87.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $397.50, due within 30 days.
• Ellsworth Jack Primmer Jr. failed to make an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge and Primmer was found guilty. The fine is $250 with a $87.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $397.50, due within 30 days.
• Kevin James Gettemy made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge. Gettemy pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 21.
• H&O Enterprises LLC to Hughes Properties LLC, 2220 Main Street Road
• Eddie and Joyce Hughes to Scott Hughes, 2024 Catalina Place
• Eddie and Joyce Hughes to Nicole and Rafael Cruz, 507 Eastview Road
• Deanna K. Steveson to Chris E. Lund, 905 N. Fourth Ave.
• Fabiola Gutierrez and Antonio Rodriguez Parra to Andre Rodriguez Gutierrez and Antonio Rodriguez Parra, 307 1/2 S. Second St.
• Baily J. and Kory D. Klammer to Brittany J. and Hector Ceren, 418 Hughes St.
• Lowilda W. Benskin to Kimberly A. Stephen, 2745F Pickering Drive
• Maren Jean and Robert L. Williams, Trust #Williams to Anthony L. Ratliff, 104 E. Benton St., Le Grand
Marshalltown Police Department
• On friday, a car driven by Roger Eugene Jay Jr., 55, of Marshalltown, was westbound on May street stopped a the intersection at South Third Avenue waiting for traffic to clear to make a left turn. A bicycle with a passenger sitting on the handlebars improperly entered the intersection as Jay was attempting to turn resulting in a collision. The person on the handlebars had an arm injury and was transported by ambulance to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Damage to the Jay car was estimated at $300.
• On Saturday, a pickup driven by Brady Jon Fisher, 30, of Vinton, was backing out of a parking spot when it collided with a vehicle driven by Michelle Christine Daggett, 53, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Daggett vehicle was estimated at $3,000.
• On Saturday, , a car driven by Antonio Rodriguez Parra, 58, of Marshalltown, was westbound on West Boone Street when he struck a legally parked Nissan Maxima and then struck a legally parked Chevy Camero. No injuries were reported. Rodriguez Parra was cited for operating while under the influence, no valid driver’s license and failure to provide insurance. Damage to the Rodriguez Parra car was estimated at $2,500 while the Maxima received an estimated $600 in damage and the Camero and estimated $1,500 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Friday, Nakia Daily, 23, was arrested on a warrant charing her with violation of probation.
• On Friday, Jeremiah Vansice, 40, was arrested on a warrant charging him with violation of probation.