Daily Record, June 10, 2020
Marshall County Courthouse
Court – Tuesday
• Aleta Alberts made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Aug. 11.
• Kwand Aysaan Woods made an initial appearance on a no rabies vaccination charge. Woods pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days.
• Kathy Lois Downs made an initial appearance on a domestic abuse assault charge. Tyler Heeren is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. on June 26. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• John Paul and Zhanna Raygor to Milie M. Garcia and Maria Segovia Moreno, 703 N. Fourth St.
• Jade E. and Shannon K. Robinson to Kevin and Ladena Tena, 1813 Wiese Garden Road
• Trina E. Cox, Trina and Dale Erickson to Steven L. Rowden, 1004 Fremont St.
• Diane Berkey to Shannon Robinson, 1412 Greenfield Drive
• Michelle and Paul L. Detrick to Jade E. Robinson, 504 W. High St.
• Caryn Lau to David Wagner
• Steve Church to Katie Doser
• Matthew Gaukler to Brittany Boerm
• Jessica Quick to David Cidon-Moreira
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, a theft was reported in the 2500 block of South Center Street.
• On Monday, three thefts were reported to the Marshalltown Police Station.
• On Monday, Carlos Lopez Agosto, 29, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-impeding the flow of air or blood, possession of marijuana-first offense and child endangerment.
• On Monday, Yoniert Berrio Lopez, 36, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-first offense.
• On Tuesday, Chad Pevestorf, 41, was arrested for operating while under the influence-first offense and improper rear brake lamps.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, Mary Moody, 59, was arrested for disorderly conduct and assault causing bodily injury.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On June 2, a vehicle driven by Samantha Steffen, 23, of Aplington, was eastbound on D-17 west of F Avenue when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Steffen vehicle was estimated at $6,000.• On Saturday, a semi driven by Aram Galstian, 53, of Brooklyn, NY, was eastbound on Highway 20 when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Galstian semi was estimated at $5,000.