Daily Record, July 30, 2020
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Wednesday
• Amanda Jean Riley made an initial appearance on a disorderly conduct charge and a public intoxication charge. The pre-trial conference is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on Sept. 23 in Magistrate Court.
• Cynthia Marie Fox made an initial appearance on a controlled substance violation charge, a keeping a premises for the purposes of using or selling drugs charge and a failure to affix a drug tax stamp charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Aug. 14. Fox is released with supervision through the Department of Correctional Services and is to report to the adult probation office within 24 hours to sign a pre-trial release agreement.
• Kathy Lois Downs made an initial appearance on a violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court charge. The contempt hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Aug. 10.
• Virgil Lasley made an initial appearance on a no valid driver’s license charge and a driving under suspension charge. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 19 in Magistrate Court.
• Marcos Brandon Rico made an initial appearance on a speeding charge, a stopping, standing or parking where prohibited charge, a failure to yield to emergency vehicle charge and a no insurance charge. Rico pleaded guilty to all charges. The fine on the speeding charge is $105 with a $36.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $201.75. The fine on the stopping, standing or parking where prohibited charge is $5 with a $1.75 surcharge and $8 in court costs for a total of $14.75. The fine on the no insurance charge is $250 with a $87.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $397.50. The fine on the failure to yield charge is $200 with a $35 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $195. All payments are due within 30 days.
• On Tuesday, a case of trespass resulting in vandalism to property valued between $1,000 – $10,000 was reported in the 500 block of Woodbury Street.
• On Tuesday, a theft was reported in the 10 block of North 11th Avenue.
• On Wednesday, a theft of a motor vehicle was reported in the 500 block of North Center Street.
• On Tuesday, Cindy Fox, 58, was arrested on a warrant.