Daily Record, July 31, 2020
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Thursday
• Samantha Rachelle Zouaki AKA Samantha Rachelle Sumpter made an initial appearance on two counts of a probation violation charge. Tyler Heeren will continue as counsel for both cases. The probation revocation will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. No Bond is being allowed.
• Shane Michael Jensen made an initial appearance on a violation of release charge and a failure to file a written arraignment charge. Shawn Smith will continue as counsel. The arraignment hearing is set for 1 p.m. on Aug. 13. Bond is set at $5,000 cash or surety.
• Ryan Scott Theopolis Lovell made an initial appearance on a sex offender registry violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Aug. 17. Lovell was released with supervision through the Department of Correctional Services and should report to the adult probation office within 24 hours to sign a pre-trial release agreement.
• Mauricio Ibarra Rodriguez made an initial appearance on a violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court charge. Raymond Starks will continue as counsel, The contempt hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. A new no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Jacquelyn Michelle Laffoon made an initial appearance on a speeding charge. Laffoon pleaded guilty to the charge and the fine is $80 with a $33 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $173, due within 30 days.
• Marcos Brandon Rico made an initial appearance on an interference with official acts charge. Rico pleaded guilty and the fine is $25- with a $37.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $347.50, due within 30 days.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, two reports of burglaries originated in the 1100 block of South Second Avenue.
• On Wednesday, a hit and run accident was reported in the 800 block of West Lincolnway.
• On Wednesday, a case of vandalism to property was reported in the 3000 block of South Center Street.
• On Wednesday, Ryan Lovell, 33, was arrested for sex offender verification violation-second or subsequent offense.
• On Wednesday, Samantha Zouaki, 31, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Michael Kellett, 29, was arrested for sex offender registry violation-first offense.
• On Wednesday, Janeth Flores Ocampo, 32, was arrested for child endangerment and assault causing bodily injury or mental illness.
• On Wednesday, Mauricio Ibarra Rodriguez, 29, was arrested for contempt of court/violation of a no-contact order.
• On Wednesday, Shane Jensen, 23, was arrested on a warrant.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Darla Bennett, 47, was arrested for domestic abuse assault causing mental illness or injury-first offense.