Daily Record, Sept. 6, 2020
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Friday
• Jacob Mackenzie Lacey made an initial appearance on a possession of marijuana charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Sept. 24. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Kerry Brandon Logan made an initial appearance on a violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court charge. A scheduling hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Sept. 14. A new no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• James Lin Wells made an initial appearance on a pre-trial violations charge. Pre-trial release revoked. Bond is set at $2,000 cash or surety. The pre-trial conference is scheduled at 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 2 with the jury trial set at 9 a.m. on Oct. 8.
• Elick Micheal James Verdulla made an initial appearance on a operating while under the influence-second offense charge and a speeding charge. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Sept. 24. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Aurelio Villagomez Nunez to Flor Calderon Martinez
• Kristen Lankelma to Benjamin Madsen
• Renate Varvel to Anthony Reitano
• Hope Schultz to Christopher Jensen
• Kaylee Witzenburg to Aquila Sletten
• Jay Poling to William A. Garcia Abreu, 101 Fourth Ave. SE, State Center
• ELH Professional Power Washing LLC to Raymond and Stephanie Gibbs, 236 E. Jefferson, Rhodes
• Rodrigo Gomez Baeza and Maria Patlan De Gomez to Roberto Fabian Parra Martinez, 1610 E. Nevada St.
• Jimmy Crawley, State of Iowa, Michele Marean, Marshall County Treasurer, City of Marshalltown, Marshalltown Water Works, John L. St. Clair and Michele M. St. Clair to Adair Holdings LLC, 506 N. Second St.
• Matthew J. Hofer to Brooklyn K. Hofer, 1314 Oaks Ave.
• Brooklyn K. Hofer to Paula K. Whipple, 1314 Oaks Ave.
• Douglas M. and Sandra Hagele to Javier Ibarra, 902 E. Main St.
• Daniel Louis Kapaun Trustee, Florenz R. Kapaun Revocable Trust, Florenz R. Kapaun Trustee and Michele Marie Kapaun Trustee to Delmar Jay and Yumiko Clark, 710 W. Main St.
• Darlene M. Purvis to JBI Cooperative Association, 710 Arlington Drive
• Aaron C. and Jessica T. Bullock to Tiana J. Thompson, 1212 Glenwood Terrace
• Mable and Reji Kurian to Ashley and Blake Michaelsen, 505 W. Merle Hibbs Blvd.
• Maria Cristina Garcia Martinez and Jose Morales Landeros to Phyllis Dunlap, 604 W. Church St.
• Betty C. Parker to Jeremy and Tia Grove, 137 S. Main St., Gilman
• RBO Enterprises Inc. to B&B mini Storage LLC, 2003B S. Center St.
• Judith A. Smith to Abigail Joy and Dustin Colby Conway, 1721 Zeller Ave.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Thursday, Amanda Riley, 33, was arrested for public intoxication-first offense, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief-third degree and assault causing bodily injury.
• On Thursday, Kerry Logan, 57, was arrested for violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court.
Marshalltown Fire Department
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a smoke detector activation-no fire-unintentional at 1211 W. State St., two unauthorized burnings at 705 Roberts Terrace and 211 W. Ferner St. and seven medical assists with the EMS crew to: 2022 Catalina Place, 3303 S. Center St., 508 S. Sixth St., 2012 S. Sixth St., 409 W. Church St., 1109 May St., and 402 S. 10th Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a dispatched/canceled en route to 615 Lee St., an extrication of victims from a vehicle at Washington Street and South Fifth Street, three unauthorized burnings at: 709 W. Church St., 606 W. Lincoln Way and 401 N. 15th St. and three medical assists with the EMS crew to: 2401 S. Second St., 521 N. First St. and 906 Finkle Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to two unauthorized burnings at 107 N. 20th St. and 1213 E. Nevada St., two dispatched/canceled en routes to 302 Carson Drive and 108 Iowa Ave. West and four medical assists with the EMS crew to: 412 N. First Ave., 2001 Fremont St., 710 Bromley St. and 1 W. Grant St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a dispatched/canceled en route to 3700 S. Center St., two unauthorized burnings at 513 S. Fifth St. and 3006 Nelson Road and five medical assists with the EMS crew to: 207 W. Grant St., 613 1/2 E. Anson St., 3202 S. 12th St., 1501 E. Nevada St., 805 N. Fifth Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an overheated motor at 402 N. 10th Ave.,a dispatched/canceled en route to 923 N. Third Ave., a sprinkler activation due to malfunction at 607 N. Fourth Ave., a dumpster or other trash receptacle fire at 208 S. Third Ave.., a medical assist with the EMS crew to 701 Ratcliffe Drive and two unauthorized burnings at 1714 S. Fourth St. and 104 W. High St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to three unauthorized burnings at: 1702 W. State St., 1708 W. Fremont St. and 1010 E. Anson St. and five medical assists with the EMS crew to: 1422 W. Linn St., 12 N. First St., 2 N. Second Ave., 411 W. Ingledue St. and 312 W. Boone St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an unauthorized burning at 807 May St. and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 201 N. 12th St., 202 N. Second Ave., 1017 S. First Ave., 307 S. First St., 202 N. Second Ave. and 208 Koeper Drive.