Daily Record, Oct. 7, 2020
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Tuesday
• Lance Mandell Walker made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a contempt hearing for failure to be photographed and fingerprinted charge. Taylor Reichardt is appointed as counsel. The contempt hearing is scheduled for 3:45 p.m. on Nov. 4.
• Damarus Lashaun Brown made an initial appearance on a operating while under the influence-first offense charge, a public intoxication charge and a no valid driver’s license charge. Aron Vaughn is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Oct. 15. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Mathew Andrew McCanna made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a contempt hearing charge and a trial charge. Jeffrey Hazen will continue as counsel. The contempt hearing is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 16. The pre-trial conference is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Nov 6. The trial is scheduled for 9 a.m. on Nov. 16. Bond is set at $10,000 cash.
• Krus Allen McDermott made an initial appearance on two counts of a driving under suspension charge. McDermott pleaded guilty to both charges and the fines are $250 with a $37.50 surcharge on each count and $60 in court costs for a total of $347.50 for each charge, due within 30 days.
• Nichole Stanley to Tyrell Roberts
• Austin Kriegel to Anna Tapia-Ordaz
• Alexis Correa to Nicholas Sebastian
• Suzanne Ellerman to Benjamin Neff
• Tori Galvez to Alberto Morales Juarez
• Maria Jaramillo to Roberto Mendoza Calderon
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, a theft of a motor vehicle valued under $10,000 was reported in the 800 block of South Sixth Street.
• On Monday, a theft from a building was reported in the 10 block of West State Street.
• On Monday, Miguel Angel Angel Ibarra Lemus, 21, was cited for driving under suspension.
• On Monday, Christopher Anderson, 42, was arrested for assault on persons in certain occupations and public intoxication-first offense.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, Mathew McCanna, 32, was arrested on a warrant charging him with domestic abuse assault-second offense and four contempt of courts/violation of a no-contact order.