Daily Record, Aug. 5, 2022
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Thursday
• Daniel Thomas Jefferson Jr. made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge, three charges of burglary-third degree and three charges of theft-fifth degree. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled for 11 a.m. on Sept. 6. Jefferson is being held without bond. The preliminary hearing on the burglary and theft charges is 1 p.m. on Aug. 12. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. Bond is set at $5,000 cash.
• Tyler Scott Kinkade made an initial appearance on an assault charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Aug. 23.
• Kyle Anthony Groen made an initial appearance on an assault charge. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 24 in Magistrate Court. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Edward Cheney made an initial appearance on an extradition request from the State of Nebraska. Jeff Hazen is appointed as counsel. The extradition hearing is scheduled for 2 p.m. on Aug. 31. Cheney is being held without bond.
• Jatnael Alvizo Sanchez made an initial appearance on a speeding charge. Alvizo Sanchez pleaded guilty and the fine is $90 with a $13.50 surcharge and a $55 in court costs for a total of $158.50.
• Maribel and Robert Burr to Jack Scott Knight and Lisa Donielle Turnbull, 303 Jerome St.
• Elmer Carl Fricke to Richard Henry Thomas III and Laura Lynn Thomas, 907 W. Nevada St.
• Squiers Enterprises LLC to Melissa M. and Sean E. Thurm, 1205 Larkfield Court
• Christine A. and Shane E. Ecklor to Roman Sanchez Garcia and Mirna A. Sanchez, 811 N. Fifth Ave.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, Aug. 1, Dametres Bloch, 31, was arrested for disorderly conduct, interference with official acts and assault on persons in certain occupations-no injury.
• On Monday, Aug. 1, Marcus Castillo, 24, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Monday, Aug. 1, Ricky Nelson, 50, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Thursday, Aug. 4, Tyler Kinkade, 29, was arrested for assault causing bodily injury or mental illness.
• On Tuesday, Aug. 2, Anthony Johnson, 37, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-first offense with dangerous weapon.
• On Wednesday, Aug. 3, Madison Weese, 22, was arrested for theft-fifth degree-shoplifting, possession of methamphetamine-first offense, possession of marijuana-first offense and on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Aug. 3, Jonathon Foster, 26, was arrested for theft-fifth degree-shoplifting.
• On Wednesday, Aug. 3, Daniel Jefferson Jr., 31, was arrested for two counts of theft-fifth degree-possession of stolen property under $300, Theft-fourth degree-possession of stolen property $300-$750 and three counts of burglary-third degree.