Marshall County 2018-19 salaries approved
The Marshall County Board of Supervisors approved the 2018-19 listing of county official and employee salaries at Tuesday’s meeting.
The action takes place each year. This year, the total of all the salaries came to about $8.9 million out of the county’s normal operating budget of about $25 million.
Marshall County Auditor and Recorder Nan Benson said the listing includes “everyone paid through payroll” for the previous fiscal year, which ended June 30.
Tuesday’s approval also included a smaller listing of miscellaneous reimbursements made by the county. That listing totals about $1,363.
“Miscellaneous reimbursements generally involve milage and other things,” said board Vice Chairman Dave Thompson.
While most of the salaries listed are regular annual earnings, he said there are some irregularities in some employee’s salaries due to retirements.
“Anybody that has kept track of these from year-to-year and you see maybe some salary numbers that might be out of line, keep in mind we’ve had many individuals that retire on an annual basis,” Thompson said. “Upon retirement, they must be paid out all of their vacation pay or other items that they have due, and that’s on top of their salary.”
Here are the top 10 Marshall County employee earners who are not elected officials from the previous fiscal year:
• Marshall County Engineer Paul Geilenfeldt: $109,876
• Marshall County Assessor Craig Madill: $103,741
• Marshall County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Ben Veren: $88,037
• Assistant County Attorney Jordan Gaffney: $87,315
• Marshall County IT Director James Nehring: $86,065
• Marshall County Sheriff’s Office Detective Wade Ruopp: $82,183
• Assistant County Attorney James Scheetz: $82,149
• Marshall County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. James Gibson: $78,171
• Marshall County Community Services Director Jill Eaton: $73,775
• Mary Stubbs, auditor and recorder’s office: $73,729
2018-19 salaries for county elected officials:
• Marshall County Attorney Jennifer Miller: $102,582
• Marshall County Sheriff Steve Hoffman: $85,483
• Marshall County Auditor and Recorder Nan Benson: $69,739
• Marshall County Treasurer Jarret Heil: $60,038
• Marshall County Supervisors Steve Salasek, Dave Thompson and Bill Patten: $36,544
A full listing of county salaries can be found at http://www.co.marshall.ia.us/departments/bos under the “Next Board meeting agenda” link.
Contact Adam Sodders at 641-753-6611 or email@example.com