JBS steps up COVID-19 prevention measures
JBS has implemented some new COVID-19 preventive measures at facilities, including at the Marshalltown plant.
One of the measures is a health screening center which all employees, contractors and vendors must walk through. A feature at the center is hands-free thermal imaging.
Cameron Bruett, corporate affairs of JBS in Greeley, Colo., said the company has had team members test positive for COVID-19.
“We are providing support to those team members and their families and we hope they all make a full and speedy recovery,” he said. “Out of respect for the families, we are not releasing further information.”
To ensure a safer working environment for employees, some additional steps include:
• Increasing sanitation, cleaning and disinfection.
• Promoting social distancing in break and locker rooms and cafeterias and through staggered shifts and breaks.
• Providing personal protective equipment.
• Removing employees most vulnerable to COVID-19 — those age 65 and older and those with underlying medical conditions –and offering them full pay and benefits.
• Requiring sick employees to stay at home and relaxing attendance policies
• Offering free LiveHealth Online services for virtual doctor visits.
• Providing free preventative care.
• Waiving short-term disability waiting periods.