Daily Record, August 5th, 2017
Marshall County Courthouse
• Jerry Juan Oden Jr. made an initial appearance on a ongoing criminal conduct charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is set at 1 p.m. on Aug. 11. Bond is set at $25,000 cash only.
• Jamie Ranae Connett made an initial appearance on a ongoing criminal conduct charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is set at 1 p.m. on Aug. 11. Bond is set at $25,000 cash only.
• Chad Alan Hatch made an initial appearance on a theft-third degree charge. Hatch waived legal counsel. The preliminary hearing is set at 1 p.m. on Aug. 18. Hatch is released on his promise to appear.
• Andre Lamont Williams made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge. A rocket docket pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Sept. 29 in Magistrate Court. Williams is released on his promise to appear.
• Andreas Jose Ibanez made an initial appearance on a criminal mischief-third degree charge and a harassment-third degree charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is set at 1 p.m. on Aug. 18. Ibanez is released on his promise to appear. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Russell Junior Gentry made an initial appearance on two counts of a violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court charge. Jennifer Bonzer is appointed as counsel. The contempt hearing is set at 11 a.m. on Aug. 15. Bond will remain as previously set.
• Eric Seymour made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is set at 2 p.m. on Sept. 6. Bond will continue as posted until the conclusion of this case.
• Armando Lopez made an initial appearance on a theft-third degree charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is set at 1 p.m. on Aug. 18.
• Christopher Lee Wanatee made an initial appearance on a operation without an interlock device charge and a no valid driver’s license charge. Wanatee pleaded guilty to both charges. On the interlock device charge the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75. The fine on the driver’s license charge is $200 with a $70 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $330. All payments are due within 30 days.
• Adam David and Jennifer L. Gross to Samuel Ray and Shanna Lei Goos, 312 Sunset Lane
• Steven R. Ames to Rigoberto Alcala Sr., 206 and 206 1/2 S. Third Ave., 205 W. Nevada St., and 311 S. Second St.
• The City of Marshalltown to Guadalupe Juarez, 710 Wood St.
• Christine A. and Donald W. Weitzell to Jacob W. Weitzell, 105 W. Webster St.
• The Estate of Michael F. Moehrl to IPE1031 REV246 LLC, 2645 290th St.
• Damon C. and Tamara J. Meadows to Pamela R. Steffa, 901 Stegman Blvd.
• Kay L. Eker Finders, Andria Eker, Kay L. Eker, Paul L. Eker Jr., Gordon W. Finders to Heather Denato, 409 Hughes St.
• James William Hayes Trust, Sandra Lee Starkey Trustee to Catherine Gooding, 208 S. Seventh St.
• Karen M. and Kenneth Roy Davis to Kenneth R. Davis, 1359 Binford Ave.
• Cherray T. and Christopher L. Kenner to Sally Miller, 506 Carson Drive
• Susan M. Turbiville Trust, Susan M. Turbiville Trustee to Megan E. and Ross A. Turbiville, 1730 Country Club Place
• Evelyn L. and Jeffrey M. Hackett to Tarah A. Andrews, 1710 S. Third St.
• Danon L. and Sheri L. Hart to Terry V. Wegman, 507 Nicholas Drive
• David and Linda Billman to Larry J. and Mindy S. Kunkel, 1508 S. Fifth St.
• Deanna R. and Lee A. Krukow to Brooke and Dustin Hickman, 516 N. Second St.
• Jennifer Rayburn and Steven C. Slifer to Steven C. Slifer, 3305 270th St.
• Heriberto and Silvia Rodriguez to Isabel Lopez Ramirez, 9 W. Grant St.
• The Estate of Harlan Michael Forkner Jr. to Sergio Ramirez Rios, 504 N. Third Ave.
• Megan R. Hughes, Megan R. and Patrick Thiessen to Silas Montepeque, 1606 W. Church St.
• A. Craig and Denise Klocke to A. Craig Klocke Trust, A. Craig Klocke Trustee, 403 Melody Lane
• A. Craig and Denise Klocke to Denise Klocke Trust, Denise Klocke Trustee, 403 Melody Lane
• Glenn E. and Rebecca E. DauSchmidt to Ana Lilia Vazques Rangel, 10 1/2 E. Grant St.
• Cheryl A. and Donald R. Stanley to Sally Robertson, 412 W. South St.
• Madelyn M. and Stephen R. Irvine to Historical Society of Marshall County Iowa, 503 W. Main St.
• Mary B. and Richard C. Kratoska to Nicholas P. Crosby, 706 Ratcliffe Drive
• Sheriff of Marshall County, Carla and Eric John Neuer and Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC to Citimortgage Inc., 408 and 412 N. Eighth St.
• Secretary of Housing & Urban Development to Salud Rodriguez Gutierrez, 1501 W. State St.
• Iowa Department of Transportation and State of Iowa to Marshall County Iowa, 2504 Sand Road
• Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation to Tasia Hulin, 2313 265th St.
• Carroll Frederick Menter to Dennis F. and Marilyn A. Polley, 912 S. Second Ave.
• Callie and Michael D. Street to Cathy Acevedo, Johnny G. Merida Velasquez, 204 W. Marshall St.
• Choices Inc. to Primary Health Care Inc. 704 May St.
• CP Properties, Gottula Properties LC, LARCC Realty Inc. and Larry Gottula Properties Inc. to IPE1031 REV247, 101 Iowa Ave. West
• Lorna J. and Raymond A. Gould to Catherine L. Gooding, 1316 W. Linn St.
• The Estate of Betty P. Bramwell to Carol M. Guetschow, 814 Patterson Lane
• James D. Heddens Sr., Joan V. Heddens, James D. Heddens Trust, James D. Heddens Trustee to J. David Heddens, 312 N. Fifth St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Friday, a citizen reported criminal mischief resulting in damage estimated between $500 and $1,000 in the 700 block of North Fifth Avenue.
• On Thursday, Crystal Deanne Pinney was cited for speeding.
• On Thursday, Desiree Leah Carmer was cited for fraudulent use of registration.
• On Thursday, Crystal Deanne Pinney was arrested for failure to file SR-22 and driving while license is denied, cancelled, revoked or suspended.
• On Thursday, Desiree Leah Carmer was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Thursday, Andre Williams was arrested for driving while license is denied, cancelled, revoked or suspended.
• On Thursday, Eduardo Martinez was arrested on a warrant.
• On Thursday, a minivan driven by Seth James Gummert, of Marshalltown, was stopped for a train on South 12th Avenue when the driver decided to back up and turn around backing into a car driven by Daniela Yobana Alvarado Herrera, of Marshalltown, which was directly behind him. No injuries were reported. Gummert was cited for unsafe backing. Damage to the Gummert minivan was estimated at $300 while the Alvarado Herrera car received an estimated $1,900 in damage.
• On Wednesday, a car driven by Zachariah James Devine, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on Lincoln Way when it collided with the rear of a car driven by Randy Mark Swarts, of Marshalltown, which had slowed to turn onto Orchard Drive. No injuries were reported. Devine was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Devine car was estimated at $8,000 while the Swarts car received an estimated $5,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Thursday, Morgan Kedsem Lipai was arrested for driving while barred-habitual offender.
• On Thursday, Jerry Juan Oden Jr. was arrested on a warrant.
• On Sunday, a pickup driven by Ricky Clinton Crawford, of State Center, was westbound on 265th Street in the crossover intersecting with Highway 330 when it attempted to cross the Highway 330 traffic and collided with the rear of a vehicle driven by Javier Alexis Carreras Cautino, of Marshalltown, which was southbound on Highway 330. A juvenile in the Carreras Cautino vehicle was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Crawford was cited for failure to yield the right of way. Damage to the Crawford pickup was estimated at $7,500 while the Carreras Cautino vehicle received an estimated $5,000 in damage.
• On Wednesday, a motorcycle driven by Lynn Earl Coltrain, of Albion, was westbound on Highway 330/160th Street when the roadway was not level due to resurfacing and rain was coming down when the motorcycle began to hydroplane resulting in it going out of control, going over on its left side and sliding until it entered the north ditch. Coltrain was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown by a family member. Damage to the Coltrain motorcycle was estimated at $3,500.
• On Wednesday, a vehicle driven by Tina Marie Hernandez, of Clemons, was westbound on 190th Street near Hopkins Avenue when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Hernandez vehicle was estimated at $3,600.