• Laurel Lions Pancake Breakfast, 7 a.m., in the Legion Building, Laurel until 8:30 a.m. Menu: Pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, coffee, juice. Cost is $5
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, Noon, at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• 35th Annual Iowa Taxidermists Association Competition & Show, 12 p.m., until 5 p.m. Public viewing
Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel, 1504 305th St., Tama. Free Admission
• Nut Fry, 5-7 p.m., Tama-Toledo Eagles, 112 E. Third St., Tama, All-you-can-eat nut fry or chicken tenders with fixin’s. Bag tournament at 7:30 p.m.
• Fun Night for the Nature Center, 5:30 p.m., Otter Creek Nature Center, 2283 Park Road, Toledo. Buffet meal served by “My Mother’s Place” Silent & open auction. Program “Iowa Raptors: A Conservation Story” by Shawn Hawks. Advance tickets required/Call Bob Etzel, Tama County Conservation Board at 641-484-2231
• Live Entertainment at the Garwin Legion, 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. Small Town will perform live at the Garwin Legion Hall