• Veterans Benefits Admministration One-day Claims Clinic, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Marshalltown Community Based Outpatient Clinic, 101 Iowa Ave. W. You may be eligible for VA benefits if you are a uniformed Servicemember; Veteran or spouse, child or parent of a deceased or disabled Servicemember or Veteran.
• Noon Lions, Noon, at the American Legion Hall
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, Noon, at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Mid-Iowa Triumph Recovery Center, Noon, is open at new location, 101 W. Main St. in the rear. (door on First Street.) The center is open until 4 pm. The Center is for anyone 18 and older dealing with mental health/emotional issues past or present. The Center offers a safe place for peers to work on their recovery with support and activities.
• Progressive 500, 1 p.m., at the Senior Center, first floor. Shuffleboard courts open daily. Coffee and other refreshments available. Computers and Internet service available for games or personal use
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 6 p.m., at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Marshalltown High 12 Club #612, 6:30 p.m., will meet on the fifth floor of the Masonic Temple. Dinner begins at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting will be at 7 p.m. The club meets the third Monday of the month for a business meeting.
• Senior Citizens Dance, 7 p.m., Featuring the Highway 30 Band until 10 p.m. at the Senior Citizens Center, 20 E. State St., on the second floor. Music will be classic country and 50s and 60s rock.