Conrad American Legion Auxiliary Unit #681
CONRAD — The Conrad American Legion Auxiliary Unit #681 met at 1:30 p.m. on Monday at the Conrad Legion Hall.
The meeting was called to order by Vice President Veronica Daniel with 12 present. Following opening exercises, Secretary Sarah Kitzman read the Roll Call of Officers answered by four, read the minutes of the January meeting, gave a penny march/card report and read several excepts from Auxiliary minutes from 1948 and 1950 in recognition of the 100th year as Auxiliary.
Treasurer Susan Sams gave the financial report and two bills were presented for payment. The bills and all reports were approved as given.
• Courtesy — Janice Tranbarger reported on recent funeral luncheons.
• Avenue of Flags — Tranbarger reports three deceased veterans are eligible for flags at the cemetery. She informed the group the flag, the pole and name plate can be purchased for $110. To start the process either contact her or Bob Daniel with the Legion.
• Membership — JoAnn Klein announced the Auxiliary has exceeded its goal of 145 with the current membership at 147. She also said Third District is in first place for membership.
• Volunteering — Members were reminded to bring the tally sheets with volunteer hours to the March meeting as they are due to department in April.
• Kitzman and Daniel reported on the upcoming Merit Award and Auxiliary Activities Fundraiser Meal set for March 6. The event will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. with the menu being fish (until supply runs out), chicken strips, French fries, salad bar, pie and beverage. Cost is $15 for adults and $5 for children ages 3-10. Pies, salads and workers have been solicited from members.
There was no new business.
Klein and Daniel reported on the recent Mid-Year ALA Conference held in Des Moines. Klein shared a poppy arrangement she had taken, shared several photo albums of pictures and reported $2,020 were raised by the silent auction for Girls State. Daniel said this is a very relaxed conference and commented on how all the Committee Reports are given to the attendees.
There being no further business, the penny march was held and the meeting adjourned followed by lunch served in a Valentine theme by Kitzman.
• March 14: Marshall County Spring Conference at Beaman — 9 a.m. registration.
• March 23: Unit 681 ALA regular meeting, 1:30 p.m. at the Legion Hall.