Daily Record, May 16, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Wednesday
• Daryl L. Carter II made an initial appearance on a domestic abuse assault-impeding the flow of air or blood causing injury charge. Christian Stickrod is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on May 24. Bond is set at $5,000 cash or surety. The court ordered that Carter be photographed and fingerprinted in connection with this case. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Jeffrey James Krupp made an initial appearance on a domestic abuse assault-second offense charge, an interference with official acts charge and an assault on persons of certain occupations charge. Jeff Hazen has been appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on May 31. Krupp is released with supervision through the Department of Correctional Services and is to report to the adult probation office within 48 hours to sign a pre-trial release agreement. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days. A no-contact orded has been issued for the protected party.
• Brandon Edward Becker made an initial appearance on a public intoxication charge and two counts of a probation violation charge. Breanna Nelson is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Becker is released on his promise to appear.
• Armando Garcia made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge. Garcia pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on July 10 in Magistrate Court.
• Ruifeng Zhan, of Ames, made an initial appearance on a speeding charge. Zhan pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on June 26 in Magistrate Court.
• Deborah J. Daniels, Debra Daniels and Matt Daniels to Janell R. and Mark R. Austin, 203 Bohen St.
• The estate of Donald W. Irwin to Carol Irwin, 3212 Lily Lane
• Carolyn Leonhard to Cecil J. Eggleston and Megan L. Menuey, 213 Second St., Dunbar
• A. Joyce and Keith L. Drummer to Debra and Douglas De Vilbiss, 2301 Bittersweet Road
• Sarah Kendall to Rosario Martinez Avalos and Cristina Yepez Hernandes, 307 S. 15th Ave.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Tuesday, a theft was reported to the Marshalltown Police Station.
• On Tuesday, a hit and run accident was reported to the Marshalltown Police Station.
• On Tuesday, , a burglary of a motor vehicle was reported in the 900 block of Merle Hibbs Boulevard.
• On Tuesday, a burglary was reported in the 400 block of East Boone Street.
• On Tuesday, Drake Hutchens, 18, was arrested for disorderly conduct.
• On Tuesday, Dean Oziah Jr., 48, was arrested for trespass-first offense.
• On April 22, a minivan driven by Shane Alexander McConnell, 32, of Marshalltown, was northbound on North 10th Avenue stopped at the intersection with East State Street when the driver proceeded forward and collided with a car driven by Brandi Lynn Betts-Ramos, 41, of Marshalltown, which was westbound on State Street. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Betts-Ramos car was estimated at $3,000 while the McConnell minivan received an estimated $4,000 in damage.
• On Tuesday, a car driven by Christina Marie Kurpgeweit, of Gladbrook, was exiting a parking spot at Aldi’s when it collided with a pickup driven by Tlixali Orozco, 24, of Marshalltown, which was driving through the lot. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Orozco pickup was estimated at $2,500 while the Kurpgeweit car received an estimated $3,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Tuesday, Jeffrey Krupp, 48, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-second offense, interference with official acts-bodily injury and assault on a peace officer.
• On Tuesday, Daryl Carter II, 25, was arrested on a warrant charging him with domestic abuse assault-impeding the flow of air or blood causing bodily injury.
• On Monday, a Jeep driven by Beverly Kay Burg, 68, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on Highway 30 when it struck a deer that entered the roadway from a ditch causing damage to the front passenger side. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Burg Jeep was estimated at $2,000.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On May 12, Drew Janssen, 38, of Holland, was arrested at his home on a Butler County warrant charging him with theft-fifth degree. Janssen was released to the Butler County authorities.
• On May 7, a vehicle driven by Darrell Folkerts, 80, of Dike, was on Monroe Street in Dike stopped at the intersection with Second Street when the vehicle proceeded forward and collided with a vehicle driven by Tessa Becker, 22, of Dike. No injuries were reported. Folkerts was cited for failure to yield the right of way. Damage to the Folkerts vehicle was estimated at $3,000 while the Becker vehicle received an estimated $5,000 in damage.