Daily Record, May 19, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
• Staci Marie Duinink, of Gilman, made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge, a no valid driver’s license charge and a no insurance charge. Duinink pleaded not guilty to both charges. A pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on June 12 in Magistrate Court.
• Jose Antonio Ordaz made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge and a no SR-22 insurance charge. Ordaz pleaded not guilty to both charges. A pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on July 210 in Magistrate Court.
• Jovana Nunez made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond will continue as posted until the conclusion of this case.
• Dublin Mackenzie Quinn failed to appear for a driving under suspension charge, a no insurance charge and a no valid driver’s license charge. The court entered pleas of guilty on all charges. The fine on the driving under suspension and no insurance charges was $250 with an $87.50 surcharge, a county enforcement initiative surcharge of $5 and $60 in court costs for a total of $402.50 on each count. The fine on the no valid driver’s license is $200 with a $70 surcharge, a $5 county enforcement initiative surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $335. All payments are due within 30 days.
• Kayla Boehmer to Derek Elliott
• Jennifer Weatherman to Victor Russell
• Jami Chambers to Bradley
• Evelyn A. and Richard F. Stephen to Kimberly Ann Stephen, 511 W. Church St.
• Kimberly A. Stephen to Livianette Guzman Correa and Luis Menendez Fonseca, 511 W. Church St.
• Kathleen M. and Roger D. Elsberry to Drew David and Kristie Lynn Fisher, 2006 Blossom Lane
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Friday, a car driven by Christopher Scott Case, 44, of Longview, Texas, was under a canopy at a local hotel when the driver attempted to back up as another vehicle was driving in and struck the front of a Mitsubishi Outlander parked directly behind him. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Mitsubishi was estimated at $2,500 while the Case car received an estimated $1,000 in damage.
• On Thursday, a vehicle driven by Jacob Earl Schelhorn, 43, of Marshalltown, was westbound on Merle Hibbs Boulevard stopped at South Center Street when it proceeded forward and collided with a car driven by Jose Manuel Avina Andrade, 23, of Marshalltown which was northbound on South Center Street. No injuries were reported. Schelhorn was cited for failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way. Damage to the Schelhorn vehicle was estimated at $7,000 while the Avina Andrade car received an estimated $6,000 in damage.
• On Thursday, a vehicle driven by a 15-year-old female from Marshalltown was westbound on Glenda Drive driving toward the JC Penney parking lot when the driver became distracted and passed the stop sign colliding with a vehicle driven by Iris Lisseth Jovel, 31, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. The juvenile was cited for failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way, no valid driver’s license, failure to maintain control and reckless driving. Damage to the Jovel vehicle was estimated at $7,000 while the juvenile’s vehicle received an estimated $10,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Thursday, Seth Daniel Timmer, 28, was arrested for no insurance, no valid driver’s license, failure to file SR-22 insurance, two counts of speeding, driving while license is denied or revoked, interference with official acts, operating while under the influence-second offense and eluding-participation in a felony with injury.
• On Thursday, Dustin Allen Inman, 50, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Thursday, Phillip Samuel Head, 39, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Thursday, Luis Gabriel Guajardo, 42, was arrested for contempt of court/violation of a no-contact order.
• On Thursday, a vehicle driven by Nancy Jean Erdman, 74, of Marshalltown, was westbound on Highway 30 near the Dillon Road when it struck a deer that entered the roadway from the south ditch. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Erdman vehicle was estimated at $6,000.
Marshalltown Fire Department
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a vehicle accident-general clean-up at 1700 S. Sixth St., a no incident found upon arrival at dispatch address at 303 S. First Ave., a dispatched/cancelled en route to 702 Union St. and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 208 1/2 N. Third Ave., 1115 S. First St., 1301 Summit St., 612 E. Linn St., 805 E. State St. and 510 W. Nevada St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an unauthorized burning at 1102 Iowa Ave. W and seven medical assists with the EMS crew to: 18th Avenue and Highway 30, 1 W. Grant St., 801 N. Fifth Ave., 405 Orchard Drive, 609 S. Seventh Ave., 802 S. Center St. and 411 W. Iowa Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a passenger vehicle fire at 907 S. Center St., two motor vehicle accidents with injuries at 2805 S. Center St. and 10th Avenue and State Street and 10 medical assists with the EMS crew to: 519 Eastview Road, 536 N. Third St., 201 Thomas Drive, 1422 W. Linn St., 1211 W. State St., 803 E. Anson St., 1702 Governor Road, 805 E. State St., 2710 Arnold Drive and 201W. South St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a smoke scare at 304 N. Fourth St., two motor vehicle accidents with injuries at Center Street and South Street and Highway 30 and East Main Street and three medical assists with the EMS crew at: 1211 W. State St., 803 E. Anson St. and 210 S. Eighth St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a building structure weakened or collapsed at 308 S. Third Ave., an unauthorized burning at 608 Union St. and four medical assists with the EMS crew to: 204 1/2 W. Church St., 608 E. Olive St., 402 N. 10th Ave. and 1707 Laurel Drive.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a steam, vapor, fog or dust thought to be smoke at 2009 Bailey Drive, an outside rubbish fire at 715 Swayze St., two dispatched/cancelled en routes to 1516 E. Olive St. and 102 E. State St. and nine medical assists with the EMS crew to: 522 N. Second St., 102 N. Center St., 210 S. Eighth St., 1501 E. Nevada St., 533 N. Third St., 504 Thomas Drive, 122 W. Main St., 206 Nicholas Drive and 520 N. Second St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to four medical assists with the EMS crew to: 1516 E. Olive St., 810 W. Lincoln Way, 1702 S. Seventh Ave. and 1401 S. 17th Ave.