Daily Record, July 12, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Thursday
• Donald Ray Martin made an initial appearance on a domestic abuse assault-third or subsequent offense charge and a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed on the new charge. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on July 19. Bond is set a $5,000 cash only. A no contact order has been issued for the protected party. On the probation violation, Breanna Nelson is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $2,000 cash only.
• Joseph Dean Ashby made an initial appearance on a domestic abuse assault-third or subsequent offense charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on July 19. Bond is set at $5,000 cash or surety. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Francisco Javier Perdue made an initial appearance on a trespass-first offense charge. Perdue pleaded guilty and the fine is $200 with a $70 surcharge, a $125 law enforcement surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $455, due within 30 days.
• Alexis Rae Turnbull made an initial appearance on a leaving the scene of an accident charge and a no insurance-accident charge. Turnbull pleaded guilty to the no insurance charge and the fine is $500 with an $175 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $735, due within 30 days. The leaving the scene charge initial appearance has been moved to 8:15 a.m. on July 19 in Magistrate Court.
• David and Dawn Pyle to Gary W. and Lori M. Ferneau, 3005 240th St.
• Marshall County Sheriff and Waw Moon to Wells Fargo Bank, 407 N. 13th Ave.
• Erin and James Spencer to Shannon Marie Lefevour, 209 E. Elm St., Gilman
• Edgar Property Investment LLC to Kreighton A. Miller and Bailey C. Wildt, 2009 Catalina Place
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, a theft was reported in the 800 block of South Sixth Street.
• On Wednesday, a theft was reported in the 800 block of South Center Street.
• On Tuesday, a van driven by Aweys Mohammed Abdi, 60, of Marshalltown, was southbound on South 14th Avenue when the driver left the roadway, drove into the ditch, struck a fence and then drove into the cornfield where he turned around and struck the fence again. No injuries were reported. Abdi was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Abdi van was estimated at $2,500.
• On Wednesday, Mark Edwin Moore, 54, of Marshalltown, was riding his bicycle eastbound on Nevada Street when he sustained hit and run damage. Moore was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown.
• On Wednesday, a pickup driven by Samantha Jo Daniel, 28, of Marshalltown, was northbound on South Center Street attempting a left turn onto West Boone St. when she struck a male pedestrian crossing the street in a motorized wheel chair. The pedestrian took himself to the UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown Emergency Room. Daniel was cited for failure to yield to a pedestrian within an intersection, no insurance-accident and driving while license is denied, cancelled, revoked or suspended.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Donald Ray Martin, 51, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-third or subsequent offense and on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Lilia Rian Kingbird, 22, was arrested for open container.
• On Wednesday, Douglas Regin Thomas, 23, was arrested for possession of marijuana-first offense.
• On Wednesday, Emily Frances Youngbear-Brown, 30, was arrested for depositing litter, open container and operating while under the influence-first offense.