Daily Record, Aug. 30, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Thursday
• Larz Sean Christopher McIntosh made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Court. Bond is set at $10,000 cash only.
• Cody William Moore made an initial appearance on a public intoxication charge. Moore pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days.
• Lashae Caprice Stanton made an initial appearance on two companion charges to a previously seen forgery charge. The two new charges are identity theft and another charge of forgery. The public defender’s office will continue as counsel. The preliminary hearing is set at 1 p.m. on Sept. 3. Bond will remain st $5,000 cash only, as stated in the first forgery charge.
• Michael T. and Teresa R. Jenkins, Christine K. and Duane L. Mann to Maung Kyaw Lwin and Thi T. Nwe, 207 Pleasantview Road
• Megan Pauley Godfrey to Trademark Properties LLC, 304-306 Second St. NW, State Center
• David Allen and Dawn Marie Tallman to David Allen and Dawn Marie Tallman, 2428 Smith Ave.
• Janet M. and Robert L. Hala to Hala Ventures LLC, 1007 W. Church St.
• Su Hlaing Hnin and Naing Win Aung to Pudoli Mendoza, 402 N. Second St.
• Christopher A. and Crystle L. Thompson to Charles D. and Lynn D. Mitchell, 2421 Evergreen Ave., State Center
Marshalltown Police Department
• A case of vandalism to property was reported in the 400 block of South 12th Street.
• On Wednesday, Brittany Blocker, 32, was arrested on a warrant.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, a theft of a BMX bicycle was reported in Marshall County.
• On Wednesday, Cody Moore, 35, was arrested for public intoxication-first offense.
• On Aug. 14, a vehicle driven by Madison Lyn Waterbury, 21, of Tama, was westbound on Iowa Avenue when it collided with the rear of a vehicle driven by James Douglas Williams, 65, of Toledo, which was stopped awaiting for traffic to clear for a left turn. No injuries were reported. Waterbury was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Waterbury vehicle was estimated at $2,500 while the Williams vehicle received an estimated $2,000 in damage.
• On Aug. 24, a car driven by Phillip Samuel Head, 40, of Marshalltown, was exiting a parking lot turning northbound onto North Center Street when, due to the driver texting while driving, he entered the east ditch where it rolled over onto its top. Head complained of a minor injury, but was not transported. Head was cited for use of electronic communication device. Damage to the Head car was estimated at $7,500.
• On Aug. 24, a car driven by Logan Allen Dolezal, 18, of Montour, was eastbound on 330th Street when the driver fell asleep at the wheel and the car continued on an unpaved road until the driver woke up and attempted to navigate a curve going off onto a dead-end road. The car went into a sideways slide, entered the ditch and overturned coming to rest in a bean field. Dolezal was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Dolezal was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Dolezal car was estimated at $6,000 while the bean field sustained an estimated $200 in damage.
• On Aug. 25, a Polaris Ranger driven by a 16-year-old from Marshalltown was northbound on Zeller Avenue when it lost control on the new, loose gravel and struck a utility pole belonging to Consumer Energy. The juvenile was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown by a relative. Damage to the Ranger was estimated at $2,000 while the utility pole received an estimated $500 in damage.