Daily Record, Sept. 25, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Tuesday
• Joshua Michael Levis made an initial appearance on a carrying weapons charge, a possession of cannabidiol-second offense charge, a possession of marijuana-second offense charge and a possession of drug paraphernalia charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Oct. 14. Levis is released with supervision through the Department of Correctional Services and is to report to the adult probation office within 48 hours to sign a pre-trial release agreement. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Nathan Lee Danner made an initial appearance on two counts of a failure to appear for a sentencing charge. Aron Vaughn will continue as counsel in the first case and Jennie Wilson Moore will continue as counsel in the second case. The District Associate Court will reschedule both sentencing hearing as its calendar permits. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only.
• Sean Douglas Switzer made an initial appearance on an interference with official acts charge. Switzer pleaded guilty and the fine is $250 with a $87.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $397.50, due within 30 days.
• Brandon James Pippert made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Pippert is released on his promise to appear.
• Ivan Antonio Huerta made an initial appearance on a possession of marijuana-first offense charge, a possession of drug paraphernalia charge, a no insurance charge and a driving under suspension charge. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Oct. 14. Huerta is released on his promise to appear. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• The Estate of Dale R. Wedgwood to Sesker Marshalltown Properties LLC, 407 N. 14th Ave.
• Kelly and Matthew L. Kauffman to Garrett Princehouse, 2349 330th St., Laurel
• Justin Hainline to Armando Garcia Ventura and America Ventura, 113 S. Ninth St.
• Johanna and Michael L. Avis to Kyle Derossett, 410 Butler St., Melbourne
• John and Tess Pohle to Boji Holdings LLC, 2911 Jackie Terrace
• Christopher A. and Crystle L. Thompson to Cortney and Thomas Watson, 2419 Evergreen Ave., State Center
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, a burglary was reported in the 600 block of West State Street.
• On Monday, two attempted burglaries were reported in the 100 block of North First Street.
• On Monday, Sean Switzer, 39, was arrested for interference with official acts and on a warrant.
• On Monday, Ethan Krueger, 18, was arrested for theft-fifth degree-shoplifting.
• On Tuesday, Joshua Levis, 41, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana-second offense, carrying weapons and on a warrant.
• On Tuesday, Tyler Hansen, 31, was arrested for driving under suspension.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Sept. 18, a package was reported stolen from the doorstep following a delivery to a residence in Melbourne.
• On Friday, Canaan Kwan Wilson, 26, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Friday, Elias Seid Mohammed, 41, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Friday, Judith Eileen Roberts, 40, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Friday, Carisa Rawn-Kochampanasken Christy, 32, was arrested for operating while under the influence-first offense.
• On Saturday, Hser Moo, 28, was arrested for failure to maintain a reasonable and proper speed.
• On Saturday, Scott Slocum, 27, was arrested for speeding, failure to obey a stop sign, eluding, operating while under the influence-first offense, driving while license is denied, cancelled, revoked or suspended, reckless driving, no valid driver’s license and no insurance.
• On Sunday, Ismat Hassan, 41, was arrested for contempt of court/violation of a no-contact order and providing false identification information.
• On Sunday, Larry Kunc Jr., 41, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-impeding the flow of air or blood and obstruction of emergency communication.
• On Monday, Ivan Huerta, 26, was arrested for possession of marijuana-first offense, possession of drug paraphernalia, no insurance and driving while license is denied, cancelled, revoked or suspended.
• On Monday, Nathan Danner, 45, was arrested on a warrant charging him with failure to appear for sentencing.
• On Sept. 17, a car driven by Jesse Ceniceros, 34, was eastbound on Shady Oaks Road attempting to elude a police car when the driver initiated a curve at a high rate of speed, exiting the traveled portion of the roadway, entering the ditch and rolling multiple times before coming to rest on its wheels in a cornfield. Ceniceros was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown by ambulance after being ejected through the back window. Ceniceros was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Ceniceros car was estimated at $20,000 while the cornfield sustained an estimated $50 in damage.
t• On Sept. 18, a car driven by a 16-year-old female from Baxter was northbound on Highway 330 when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the car was estimated at $2,500.