Daily Record, Sept. 27, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Thursday
• Thang Mawi made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a pre-trial conference on an operating while under the influence-first offense charge. Christian Stickrod will continue as counsel. The pre-trial conference will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety.
• James Nodland to Richelle Deal
• Kassandra Roman De La Riva to Diego Alvarez Mendoza
• Tye Medhaug to Marney Opperman
• Bobbi Brown to Sophia Grego
• Jennifer Wood to Jeffrey Tichy
• Hannah Smith to Justin Aman
• Heath Krough to Kimberly Becerra Gonzalez
• Megan Riemenschneider to Derek Mann
• Karen McGaffey to Timothy Snyder
• Steven Havens to Jennifer Bryant
• Amanda Gummert to Justin Haynes
• John Fuller to Christina Potter
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, a case of forgery was reported in the 800 block of South Third Avenue.
• On Wednesday, a burglary was reported in the 500 block of Woodbury Street.
• On Wednesday, a theft was reported in the 500 block of North First Street.
• On Wednesday, Mercedes Kay Walker, 22, was cited for no insurance.
• On Thursday, Blaze Krough, 20, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Elizabeth Tacconi, 19, was arrested on a warrant from another county.
• On Wednesday, Rigby Ackerman, 20, was arrested on a warrant from another county.
• On Wednesday, Alexander Anderson, 22, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Wednesday, Mercedes Walker, 22, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Sept. 20, a car driven by Shalane Rene Wical, 30, of Marshalltown, was backing out of a stall in a parking lot when it collided with a car driven by Lois Evelyn Lair, 65, of Denver, Colo., which was driving through the lot. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Lair car was estimated at $2,500 while the Wical car received an estimated $250 in damage.
• On Saturday, a car driven by Amy Lynn Zeran, 50, was southbound on South 12th Avenue in the outside lane stopped at the intersection with East Olive Street when the light turned green and Zeran attempted a left hand turn colliding with the passenger side of a car driven by Ozzie John Lindquist, 50, of Marshalltown, which was in the inside lane continuing south. No injuries were reported. Zeran was cited for turning at intersection violation and no insurance-accident. Damage to the Zeran car was estimated at $6,000 while the Linquist car received an estimated $5,000 in damage.
• On Sunday, a car driven by Gabriela Garcia, 32, of Marshalltown, was southbound on Governor Road at the intersection with Iowa Avenue East when the driver continued into the intersection resulting in a collision with a car driven by Rodrigo Hernandez, 18, of Marshalltown, then Garcia hit the gas pedal driving down the street, into the ditch and into a corn field where it took out a Heart of Iowa fiber box and a street sign. No injuries were reported. Garcia was cited for failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way. Damage to the Garcia car was estimated at $6,000 while the Hernandez car received an estimated $4,000 in damage, the street sign approximately $200 in damage and the fiber box an estimated $10,000 in damage.
• On Sunday, a car driven by Patrick Sean Hogan, 59, of Marshalltown, was exiting a privated driveway onto North Fifth Street when he collided with the driver’s side door of a legally parked Jeep. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Jeep was estimated at $2,500 while the Hogan car received an estimated $1,500 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Saturday, there were two cases of windows broken in vehicles during the commission of a burglary while items were stolen from inside the vehicles in Marshall County.
• On Wednesday, Thang Mawi, 25, was arrested on a warrant.