Daily Record, Dec. 12, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Wednesday
• Cory Burroughs, of Albion, made an initial appearance on an operating while under the influence-second offense charge, an interference with official acts charge, a failure to use headlamps when required charge, a no registration card charge and an open container charge. Burroughs will hire his own counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Dec. 23. Burroughs is released on his promise to appear. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Christopher Reid Salisbury made an initial appearance on a possession of methamphetamine-first offense charge and on a warrant charging him with failure to appear for a pre-trial conference. Salisbury will represent himself before the court. The preliminary hearing for the possession charge is set at 1 p.m. on Dec. 23. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days. The pre-trial conference is rescheduled for 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 8, 2020, in Magistrate Court. Salisbury is released with supervision through the Department of Correctional Services and is to report to the adult probation office within 48 hours to sign a pre-trial release agreement.
• Timothy Edward Newman Palmer made an initial appearance on a harassment-first degree charge and a domestic abuse assault charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Dec. 20. Bond is set at $2,000 cash or surety. Upon release, Palmer is to report to the adult probation office within 48 hours and sign a pre-trial release agreement. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Adrian Lavone Kincade made an initial appearance on a trespass charge. Kincade pleaded guilty and the fine is $200 with a $70 surcharge, a $125 law enforcement initiative surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $455, due by June 30, 2020.
• Arianne Exposito made an initial appearance through a Spanish interpreter on a no valid driver’s license charge. Exposito pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 29, 2020 in Magistrate Court.
• Nei Moo made an initial appearance through a Karen interpreter on an unlawful passing of a school bus charge. Moo pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 15, 2020 in Magistrate Court.
• Thomas Martin LLC to Gilman Express LLC, 102 S. Elm St., Gilman
• JRG Group LLC to Jack Fletcher, John K. Fletcher and Rosetta Ann Fletcher, 107 Summit St.
• Whitetail Creek LLC to Oak Tree Properties LLC, 1207 E. Boone St.
• Adam S. and Chantel D. Nicholson, Chantel D. Sampson to John B. Overman, 217 N. First St., Rhodes
• Niedermann Choice Rentals LLC to Gabriel Sanchez Estrella, 204 N. 21st St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Tuesday, a theft of a motor vehicle was reported in the 500 block of West Church Street.
• On Tuesday, Christopher Salisbury, 35, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and on a warrant.
• On Tuesday, Timothy Palmer, 23, was arrested for harassment-first degree and domestic abuse assault.
• On Tuesday, Adrian Kincade, 42, was arrested for trespass-first offense and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Tuesday, Jose Andrade Garcia, 27, was arrested for no valid driver’s license and leaving the scene of an accident.
• On Tuesday, Kaylee Otto, 23, was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident and operating while under the influence-first offense.