Daily Record, Dec. 3, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Monday
• Terance Davel Shelby made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. Jeff Hazen is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Dec. 9. Shelby is being held without bond.
• Lexi Anne Lynch made an initial appearance on a operating while under the influence-first offense charge, an open container charge, a speeding charge, a no insurance charge and a failure to maintain control charge. Tyler Heeren is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Dec. 20. Lynch is released on her promise to appear. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Rickey Wayne Droddy made an initial appearance on a violation of a no-contact order out of Dubuque County charge. Droddy pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days. Droddy was also sentenced to seven consecutive days in the Marshall County Jail with time served recognized.
• Thomas Stern Marson made an initial appearance on a possession of drug paraphernalia charge. Marson pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 8, 2020, in Magistrate Court.
• Haley Christine Van Zante vs. Brandon Kristopher Bills
• Laura Amaya Jara vs. Edwin Paredes
• Michaela Nichole McDonald vs. Briana Nichole McDonald
• Christina J. Cheville vs. Charles Edward Cheville
• Judi Kay Stansberry vs. James Lee Pfantz
• Dearliss A. and Steven R. Karsjen to Dearliss Blood Karsjen Farms LLC, 111 S. Third St.
• The Estate of Leonard Ray Davenport to Perla Jimenez and Jorge Velazco, 619 W. Nevada St.
• Historical Society of Marshall County Iowa to REM Homes LLC, 202 E. Church St.
• Julie A. Stahl to Jon W. Stahl, 2471A Sand Road
• Frank Dennis Davenport to Perla Jimenez and Jorge Velazco, 619 W. Nevada St.
• Julie A. and Rex M. McElroy to Deborah A. McElroy, 1690 230th St., State Center
• Ross Patton Apgar Trust, Thomas Patton Apgar Trustee to Thomas Patton Apgar, 1100 W. Olive St.
• Brookside Estates LLC to Rita Diane Joens, 514C E. Olive St. Unit #502
• GNB Bank to Joseph E. and Sarah A. Stone, 1300 E. Anson St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Thursday, a leaving the scene of an accident resulting in an injury was reported in the 800 block of South Third Avenue.
• On Friday, two thefts were reported in the 100 block of South First Street.
• On Saturday, a theft valued between $500 and $1,000 was reported in the 10 block of Iowa Avenue East.
• On Saturday, a burglary of a motor vehicle resulting in the theft of property was reported to the Marshalltown Police Department.
• On Sunday, a burglary of a motor vehicle was reported in the 10 block of East Lincoln Street.
• On Sunday, a theft was reported in the Marshalltown Police Department.
• On Thursday, Melissa Anne Kuhl, 45, was cited for speeding.
• On Saturday, Taylor Dawn Lynch, 26, was cited for driving under suspension.
• On Wednesday, Ronald Figueroa Borrero, 30, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, trespass-first offense, possession of methamphetamine-first offense and interference with official acts.• On Monday, Lucas Snyder, 22, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Thursday, Jaymie Stockdall, 25, was arrested for contempt of court/violation of a no-contact order.
• On Thursday, Troy Coy, 48, was arrested for harassment-third degree.
• On Thursday, Melissa Kuhl, 45, was arrested for operating while under the influence-first offense.
• On Friday, Robert Thomas, 35, was arrested for harassment-first degree, domestic abuse assault and criminal mischief-second degree.
• On Friday, Andrew Varnum, 33, was arrested for contempt of court/violation of a no-contact order.
• On Friday, Kayla Heatherington, 28, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Saturday, Pedro Guadiana, 26, was arrested for no valid driver’s license, no insurance, vehicle failure to respond to a steady red light, counterfeit tax stamp-possession or manufacturing and controlled substance violation.
• On Sunday, Rickey Droddy, 65, was arrested for violation of a no-contact order.
• On Sunday, Tyler McLain, 26, was arrested for careless driving and operating while under the influence-first offense.
• On Sunday, Thomas Marson, 37, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.