Daily Record, Jan. 28, 2021
• Steven Lund, 30, was arrested Tuesday for a violation of financial liability coverage, providing false identification information, operating without registration, malicious prosecution and driving with a suspended license.
• Leonardo Daniel Del Real Sanchez, 26, was arrested Monday for second-degree theft of a motor vehicle under $10,000.
•Skyler James Metivier, 18, was arrested Monday on a warrant.
• Jammar Dazmond Watkins, 26 of Marshalltown, was arrested Tuesday on a warrant.
• John James Hudson, 31 of Marshalltown, was arrested Tuesday on a warrant.
• Awo Ahmed Abdalla Kowa, 46 of Des Moines, was arrested Tuesday on a warrant.
• A hit-and-run accident was reported Monday in the 300 block of S. Second Street.
• A report was made Tuesday of leaving the scene of an accident with property damage at the intersection of Main Street and Center Street.
Marshall County Sheriff
• Haylee Janel Konicek, 25 of Marshalltown, was arrested Monday for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Eric Ramon Lasley, 45 of Marshalltown, was arrested Tuesday for first-offense operating while under the influence, driving while barred and driving with a denied or revoked license.
• Kerry LeeFleming, 37 of Marshalltown, was arrested Tuesday for second- or subsequent offense sex offender registration violation.
• Douglas Lee Davis, 26 of Marshalltown, was arrested Tuesday for disorderly conduct — fighting or violent behavior.
• Austin Allen McDanniel, 22 of Marshalltown, was arrested Tuesday for disorderly conduct — fighting or violent behavior.
Marshalltown Fire Department
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to six medical assists with EMS crew at 101 Sharon Avenue, 1702 Governor Road, 1520 Greenfield Drive, 1703 Edgebrook Drive, 1602 S. Second Avenue and 712 Bromley Street; dispatched and canceled en route to the intersection of 1300 E. Main Street and Wallace Avenue and 301 W. South Street and a vehicle accident with general cleanup at 2817 W. Lincoln Way.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a HazMat release investigation with no HazMat at 706 W. Main Street, dispatched and cancelled en route to 1103 E State Street and three medical assists with EMS crew at 1207 S. Fourth Street, 409 N. Second Avenue and 411 W. South Street.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to six medical assists with EMS crew at 402 N. 10th Avenue, 411 W. South Street, 1211 W. State Street, 1301 Summit Street, 2500 S. Center Street and 407 N. Third Avenue and were dispatched and canceled en route to 302 S. Second Avenue.
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Wednesday
• Eric Ramon Lasley pled guilty to driving without a license. He was given a $625 fine.
• Jammar Dazmond Watkins was appointed a public defender to represent him in case to revoke his probation.
• John James Hudson was appointed a public defender to represent him in a parole violation case.
• Douglas Lee Davis made an appearance for a charge of disorderly conduct – fighting or violent behavior – while in custody at the Marshall County Jail.
• Joshua David Hoglan made an initial appearance for charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana. A preliminary hearing is set for Feb. 16.
• Kathleen Linnay Metivier would receive separate independent counsel for the charge of driving while barred.
• Ramon Alberto Santos de la Cruz appeared for charges of operating under the influence, leaving the scene of an accident and failure to maintain control. A hearing is set for Feb. 16.
• A hearing date of Feb. 16 was set for Ivan Antonio Huerta on charges of possession of marijuana and operating under the influence.
• Adam Dean Bingham made an initial appearance for a trespassing charge.
• Leandrew Brink, Jr. pleaded not guilty to driving with a suspended license. A pretrial conference is set for April 28.
• Rita Mae Eastman pleaded not guilty to the charge of abandonment of cats and dogs. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Feb. 10.
• A charge of fifth-degree theft was dismissed for Andrea Josephine Thompson. She will pay court costs of $41.05.
• Jomari Morales was appointed counsel for charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and fifth-degree theft. A pretrial conference is set for Feb. 24.
• Hardy Kasalu Hagba entered a plea of not guilty for the charge of unlawful passing of a school bus. A pretrial conference is scheduled for March 17.
Court — Tuesday
• A charge of driving while license is denied was continued for Steven Ray Lund.
• A Feb. 5 preliminary hearing was set for John David Henderson on the charges of first-degree harassment and domestic abuse assault.
• Leonardo Daniel del Real Sanchez had a Feb. 15 preliminary hearing set for the charge of second-degree theft.
Court — Monday
• Willie Edward Spencer was appointed a public defender for charges of possession of a controlled substance, violation of a no-contact order and child endangerment. A preliminary hearing is set for Feb. 4.
• Maria de los Angeles Perez Busani was appointed substitute counsel for charges of operating while intoxicated and operating a vehicle with a revoked license. A jury trial is scheduled for Feb. 12.
• A Feb. 8 hearing was set for Amado Garza, III for the charge of domestic abuse.
• Jeremy David Gandy was appointed a public defender for the charges of speeding and driving while barred. A preliminary hearing is set for Feb. 12.
• A Feb. 25 jury trial has been set for Susan Marie Brafford who is facing a charge of third-degree theft.
• Haylee Janel Konicek was placed in the custody of the Department of Corrections Services. She faces charges of possession of drug paraphernalia, controlled substance violation and failure to affix a drug stamp. A preliminary hearing is set for Feb. 12.
• A Feb. 3 hearing is scheduled for Margarita Fernandez for the charge of violating the compulsory education law.
• A Feb. 3 pretrial conference is set for Van Ly who is facing charges of damage to a vehicle and failure to provide proof of financial liability.