Daily Record, Nov. 18, 2021
Marshall County Courthouse
• Alycia Mae Hjelmeland made an initial appearance on a faillure to appear for a probation revocation hearing. Aron Vaughn continues as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled for 11 a.m. on Dec. 17. Bond is set at $2,000 cash or surety.
• Craig Daniel Maggard made an initial appearance on an assault on persons of certain occupations charge, a harassment-first degree charge, a firearm possession charge by a domestic abuse offender and two counts of a possession of a controlled substance-first offense charge. Chris Clausen is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Nov. 23. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered.
• Shawn A. Griffin made an initial appearance on a no valid driver’s license charge, a registration plate violation charge, a providing false information identification charge, a no insurance charge and a malicious prosecution charge. Griffin pleaded guilty to the no driver’s license, registration plate violation and no insurance charges. On the driver’s license, the fine is $260 with a $39 surcharge and $55 in court costs for a total of $354. The fine on the registration plate is $30 with a $4.50 surcharge and $55 in court costs for a total of $89.50. The fine on the no insurance is $325 with a $48.75 surcharge and $55 in court costs for a total of $428.75.
A preliminary hearing on the false information and malicious prosecution charges is set at 1 p.m. on Dec. 7.
• Zachary Taylor Barnes made an initial appearance on a reckless driving charge, a no insurance charge and an operating while under the influence-first offense charge. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Dec. 7. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered.
• Anna Beatriz Monge Marquez made an initial appearance on a violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court charge. Robert Anderson made an appearance in the case. The contempt hearing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 1. A new no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Kendra S. Happe and James Happe made an initial appearance on a civil case from the City of Laurel for dense overgrowth of vegetation, accumulation of trash and failure to remove deadwood. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 15 in Magistrate Court.
• Christian Omar Salas made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a jury trial charge. Jeff Hazen continues as counsel. The pre-trial conference is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Dec. 3 and the jury trial is 9 a.m. on Dec. 9. Bond will continue as posted.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Tuesday, a burglary and theft of a motor vehicle was reported in the 1700 block of Olson Way.
• On Tuesday, a burglary of a motor vehicle was reported in the 600 block of West Church Street.
• On Tuesday, a case of vandalism to property while committing a burglary was reported in the 1700 block of Rainbow Drive.
• On Tuesday, Anna Monge-Marquez, 22, was arrested for violation of a no-contact order.
• On Tuesday, Shawn Griffin, 47, was arrested for malicious prosecution, false information indict to law enforcement officials, providing false identification information and violation of no-contact order.
Marshall County Courthouse
• Rafael Mendoza and Maria Perez to Luis Mendoza, 405 1/2 S. First St.
• Karen A. and Larry A. Brown to Rachel Dixon, Rae Dixon and Michael Whiddon, 306 N. 17th St.
• Darrin R. and Tracy L. Nuese to Shevaun Bastarache, 501 E. Main St., Le Grand
• Dean A. and Margery A. Swanson to Nancy Ann and Rick Roy Landt, 1059 Knapp Ave., Liscomb
• Annette M. and Joseph B. Smith to Dorothy Lorraine Hume, 107 S. Sixth St.
• Alicia Patten to Andrew M. Harris, 1610 W. Lincoln Way
• Linda R. Neal to Casey C. and Shannon R. Bowers, 2007A Wallace Ave.
• Mavis A. Gray to Tyler Heatherington, 2007B Wallace Ave.
• Abigail and Thomas Hillers to Nicholas J. Reilly, 2203 Knapp Ave.
• Lauren E. Borcherding to Albert C. and Jacqueline Uetz, 108 1/2 N. 11th St.
• Edwin Arthur and Sandra Kay Duncan to Alyssa K. Vanbecelaere, 406 Main St., Clemons
• Dina J. and Todd J. Hanken to Mad Flipz LLC, 16 W. Main St.
• Natalie Christine and Richard Daniel Edgar to Roberta Aves Edgar, 2915, 2915B Hart Ave., Melbourne
• Robin L. Muse to Diane K. Garrett, 210 W. Ferner St.
• Judy A. and Michael S. Jerome to Timothy M. Fickett Jr. and Heather E. Fickett, 510 N. Fourth St.
• Daniel B. Yordy to Ellen Mead, 2728 Garwin Road
• Dorothy J. Buschbom Trust, Richard Stonewall Trustee to Amanda K. Parks, 1511 S. Fifth St.
• Carmen and Pablo Abonce to M. Guadalupe Juarez Alvis and Juan Antonio Morales Gallegos, 107 N. Ninth Ave.