Daily Record, Dec. 1, 2021
Marshall County Courthouse
• Skyler Jerome Johnson made an initial appearance on four counts of pre-trial violation charges. Pre-trial release was revoked and a bond of $2,000 cash was instated.
• Lucas Michael Catherwood made an initial appearance on two counts of a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is set at 11 a.m. on Dec. 17. Bond is set at $1,000 cash.
Catherwood also appeared on a theft-first degree charge. The public defender’s office was also appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is set at 1 p.m. on Dec. 9. Bond is set at $10,000 cash.
• Dillon James Knight made an initial appearance on a parole violation charge. Knight will hire his own counsel. The parole revocation hearing will be scheduled by the Administrative Law Judge.
• Jean Therese Hopkins made an initial appearance on a theft-first degree charge and a dependent abuse charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is set at 1 p.m. on Dec. 17. Hopkins is released with supervision through the Department of Correctional Services and is to report to the adult probation office within 48 hours.
• Antonio Banderas III made an initial appearance on a speeding charge. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 12, 2022.
• Tayviun Scott Downs made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge. Downs pleaded guilty and the fine is $250 with a $37.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $347.50.
• Frances R. and Kenneth F. Smith to JBI Cooperative Association, 213 S. Seventh St.
• Frances L. Backoff to Edward Eugene Backoff, Gerald Ray Backoff, Robert Jay Backoff, Russell George Backoff, William Dale Backoff, Frances L. Backoff Life Estate, Barbara Jean McFarland and Margaret Louise Rogge, 408 W. Madison St.
• Bruce Allen Levis to Ryan M. Levis, 408 Woodbury St.
• Timothy D. Sletten to Esther Buenrostro and Cesar Fernando Marroquin, 207 W. Ingledue St.
• Aaron and Sarah J. Benscoter to Robert Barrera Viramontes Jr., 714 E. Anson St.
• Norman L. Bach to Sae Meh and Soe Reh, 307 Carson Drive
• The Estate of Martha J. Crow to Betty and Larry Kadner, 2008 S. Fourth St.
• The Estate of Charles G. Renken to Carmon Kelly and David Lee Mason, 713 Washington St.
• Priscilla M. Avalos and Robert P. Junck to Robert J. Backoff, 1101 S. Second Ave.
• Felicitas and Juan C. Velazco to Perla Jimenez and Jorge Velazco, 109 N. Fourth Ave.
• JDL Rentals Cooperative to Connor Linton and Jessica Trickey, 703 S. Ninth Ave.
• Render Properties LLC to Jose Garcia Mendel, 405 S. Third St.
• Patti Jay to Sandra Elizabeth Lopez, 106 Taft St.
• Sawn A. Santman to Linda Fuller, 2307 Dubois Circle
• Vanessa Caracoza and Jeanne M. and Michael K. Gowdy to Vanessa Caracoza, 509 May St.
• Bruce A. and Lori A. Johnson to Bruce A. Johnson Revocable Trust, Bruce A. Johnson Trustee and Lori A. Johnson Trustee, 2316 Knollway Drive
• Bruce A. and Lori A. Johnson to Lori A. Johnson Revocable Trust, Bruce A. Johnson Trustee and Lori A. Johnson Trustee, 2316 Knollway Drive
• Sae Meh and Soe Reh to Timothy D. Sletten, 207 W. Ingledue St.
• Linda L. Fuller to Darren Berens, 504 Owen St., Melbourne
• Jesus A. and Micaelah Gaytan to James A. Clark, 114 W. Main St.
• Bradley T. Klosterman to Tonya M. Hudnutt, 1801 S. Fifth St.
• Betty L. Brown to Mary and Robert Burr, 200 1/2 S. Third Ave., 110 W. Grant St. and 601 E. Church St.
• James L. and Robin A. Anctil to Maria Cisneros, 221 Ferner St.
• Betty L. Brown to Mary and Robert Burr, 618 W. Boone St., 107 N. Second St., 106 S. Sixth Ave., 16 N. 11th Ave., 405 N. Third St., 508 Lee St. and 508 1/2 E. Main St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, Nov. 29, a burglary was reported in the 200 block of South Second Avenue.
• On Monday, Nov. 29, Lucas Michael Catherwood, 26, was arrested on two warrants.