Daily Record, Sept. 20, 2023
Marshall County Courthouse
• Preston James Phipps made an initial appearance on a parole violation charge. Patrick Peters is appointed as counsel. The parole revocation hearing will be scheduled by the Administrative Law Judge. Phipps is being held without bond.
• Joshua Allen Bachman made an initial appearance on three counts of a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $10,000 cash.
• Cedano Devereauxe Jerr Thomas made an initial appearance on two counts of a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The District Associate Court will schedule the probation revocation hearing. Thomas is being held without bond.
• Nathan Samuel Harned made an initial appearance on a violation of probation charge. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Harned is being held without bond.
• Deano Joseph Puccio made an initial appearance on a operating while under the influence-first offense charge. The preliminary hearing is set for 9:30 a.m. on Oct. 9. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court.
• Tyler Marker to Emily Pansegrau
• David Winkleblack to April Wooldridge
• Heidi Andrade to Justin Savatdy
• Phoebe Kapayou to Shuree Witte
• Damon S. and Heather M. Morrison to Katie N. and Shane Sweitzer, 506 Third Ave. SE, State Center
• Janet Marie and Mervin D. Minde to Eric Avalos, 606 Summit St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, Sept. 18, Cedano Thomas, 30, was arrested for violation of probation.
• On Monday, Sept. 18, Carlos Cancino-Valdez, 57, was arrested for knowingly leaving the scene of a accident resulting in serious injury.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Thursday, Aug. 31, a motorcycle driven by Chadwick Lee Cook, 58, of Ferguson, was eastbound on Iowa Avenue when a deer jumped onto the road from the south ditch. Cook laid his motorcycle down in an attempt to avoid contact with the deer. Cook was ejected approximately 30 yards into the south ditch. The motorcycle made contact with the deer, but appeared to have sustained no damage from that action. Damage to the right side of the motorcycle from laying it down was estimated at $3,000. Cook, who was not wearing a helmet, was lifeflighted to a Des Moines hospital with injuries.