Marshalltown Public Library reopening on limited basis July 15
The Marshalltown Public Library will start the walkthrough phase of reopening on July 15.
The Marshalltown Public Library Board approved the proposal during a special Tuesday meeting. However, they amended the proposal to include that Library Director Sarah Rosenblum can make changes deemed necessary due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rosenblum told the board she is not looking forward to being the “mask police” but will fill that role if need be.
“When we talk about people, 98 percent of what goes on here is great. It is the 2 percent we have trouble with,” she said. “So, I’m hoping people will be respectful, but I am prepared that some people won’t.”
The walkthrough phase will consist of:
• The building open to patrons from noon to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
• Visitors will be required to wear a mask. The library will have a limited supply for people who do not have a mask.
• Babies and toddlers do not need to wear masks, but need to remain in immediate supervision by a parent or caregiver.
• Children ages 9 and younger must have immediate supervision by someone who is 15 years of age or older.
• Families are asked to stay together when visiting the library.
• Visits will be limited to 45 minutes or less.
• Toys, tablets, touch-screen computers and games in the youth department will not be available.
• Meeting rooms are not available and most seating options have been removed.
• Bathroom usage is limited to emergency situations.
• Computer use is limited to 40 minutes and only available by appointment during walkthrough hours. Computers can be reserved by calling 641-754-5738, extension 4. Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer will be available.
• Library materials can be returned in the outdoor book returns in the walk-up book drop in the front of the building or the drive-up return on the back.
• Returned materials will be quarantined for five days.
• Book donations will not be accepted.
• Cash and change only will be accepted for the copy machine. The fax machine is not available.
• Debit and credit cards will be accepted for fines and fees.
• Social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained.
• Curbside pickup will continue from 10 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday; and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Sundays.
• Library staff will continue to be available by phone from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Contact Lana Bradstream at 641-753-6611 or firstname.lastname@example.org.