UnityPoint Marshalltown seeking arms for surplus of COVID-19 vaccines
UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown received 1,200 doses of Moderna vaccine this week and appointments are still available.
• People can schedule using the link uph.link/wat0ir
• If anyone prefers to call, they can reach the Call Center at 319-226-2601 during daytime business hours.
• Appointments are available from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., varying by day.
• This is the two-shot Moderna vaccine. Follow-up injections will be scheduled for May.
• Moderna is for those 18 and older.
“We really have been waiting for this opportunity for a while now,” said Shari King, hospital administrator at UnityPoint Health – Marshalltown. “We’re very excited that the vaccine supply and delivery has really picked up recently, and we now have the chance to help protect so many more people.”
Marshall County Public Health received a shipment of 1,600 doses of the Moderna vaccine on Friday. Public Health Nurse Pat Thompson said the shipment was unexpected and was in addition to the regular 500 doses normally received each week.