News from the YMCA/YWCA
The Rec Pool is now open for all of its regular classes. The Lap Pool temp will be returned to 81 degrees. The Gym will be closed from noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday for YMCA-YWCA School of Dance Acro & Ka-Motion Show.
Summer registrations now open:
• Tee Ball registration is open. Kids ages 4-8 can participate in the season that runs May 9 – June 23. Register online at www.ymca-ywca.org/youth-development/sports-play-youth/t-ball-baseball
• The Y is offering Lifeguard Certification Courses in May and June. To register online go to: www.ymca-ywca.org/healthy-living/health-well-being-fitness/aquatic-classes-activities/lifeguard-course
• At Y Day Camp, kids will make new friends and have tons of fun as they explore new adventures each day. In-person registration is now open; Online registration opens April 15 at: www.ymca-ywca.org/youth-development/summer-day-camp
• The Marshalltown Police Department and the YMCA-YWCA will be hosting Kids Safety Camp on June 3. Students will have a fun-filled day while they learn about everyday safety tips, emergency procedures, fire, farm, railroad and water safety. Registration required.
• A 4-week session of Y Swim Lessons is starting April 25. Participants meet twice weekly on Monday and Wednesday. For more information go to: www.ymca-ywca.org/youth-development/swim
• Move Anywhere, Anytime with MOSSA On Demand. Work out from the comfort of home – on the TV, the computer or download the app and take workouts wherever you go. For more information on MOSSA On Demand go to: www.ymca-ywca.org/news-stories/mossa-demand.