Daily Record, October 13, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
• A 16-year-old male made an initial appearance on a violation of a school license charge, a speeding charge and two counts of a failure to use child restraints charge. The juvenile pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Nov. 27 in Magistrate Court.
• Ramon Abel Mendoza, of Muscatine, made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge. Mendoza pleaded guilty and the fine is $250 with a $87.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $397.50.
• Adnel Omar Rodriguez Silva made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge. /Rodriguez Silva pleaded guilty and the fine is $250 with a $87.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $397.50.
• Karen Weiny to Ernesto Alvarez and Margarita Cano Alvarez, 408 N. Second St.
• Sharon K. Ray to Richard Thill, 543 E. Fremont St., Rhodes
• Christina L. Gustafson, Chris L. Juhl, Christina L. Juhl to John O. and Teri L. Buchholz, 215 Pine St.
• Cynthia M. and William R. Ormston to Loren L. and Tabatha Davis, 1924A Taylor Ave.
• Patricia A. Pistorius to Drew N. and Rebecca P. Elliott, 608 Jerome St.
• Karla J. Eslinger to Jennifer Daly, 504 W. Madison St.
• Dale E. Benskin to Doug Benskin, 406 Woodbury St. and 1201 S. Third Ave.
• Roy E. Metzger Jr. and Eileen Metzger to Wallace Davis, 405 Eastview Road
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Thursday, an attempted burglary was reported in the 200 block of South Fifth Street.
• On Thursday, Ronnie Neal, 40, was arrested for theft-fifth degree.
• On Thursday, Bonnie Deahl, 39, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Thursday, Justin Zitzow, 22, was arrested for interference with official acts.
• On Thursday, Joshua Fruth, 33, was arrested on a warrant.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Sunday, Oct. 6, Daniel Kriegel, 45, of Lincoln, was arrested in Grundy Center and charged with operating while under the influence-second offense. Kriegel is being held in lieu of bond.
• On Saturday, Oct. 5, Nelson Sager, 48, of Holland, was arrested in Grundy Center and charged with operating while under the influence-first offense. Sager posted bond and was released.
• On Wednesday, Sept. 25, Dallas Wumkes, 30, of Waterloo, was arrested in Grundy Center on a Black Hawk County warrant charging him with failure to appear. Wumkes was released to Black Hawk County authorities.
• On Saturday, Oct. 5, a vehicle driven by Timothy Childers, 47, of Fridley, Mich., was westbound on Highway 20 when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Childers vehicle was estimated at $15,000.
• On Thursday, Oct. 3, a vehicle driven by Jessica Wheeler, 42, of Waverly, was westbound on Highway 20 when the driver thought she saw a deer, took evasive action and lost control of her vehicle resulting in her leaving the roadway and coming to rest in the north ditch. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Wheeler vehicle was estimated at $3,500.
• On Wednesday, Oct. 2, a Jeep driven by Matthew Oswalt, 38, of Reinbeck, was eastbound on Park Street in Reinbeck when the driver stated that his accelerator stuck resulting in Oswalt crossing Pioneer Road and continuing down a driveway where he struck the corner of a garage. No injuries were reported. Oswalt was arrested for operating while under the influence-first offense and driving under suspension while he was cited for no insurance and fraudulent use of registration. He is being held in the Grundy County Jail in lieu of bond. Damage to the Oswalt Jeep was estimated at $5,000.
• On Tuesday, Oct. 1, a vehicle driven by Melody Adelmund, 58, of Wellsburg, was eastbound on Highway 175 when she struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Adelmund vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
• On Saturday, Sept. 28, a car driven by Curtis Dieterich, 23, of Cedar Falls, was southbound on X Avenue attempting a U-turn at the intersection with 150th Street when a vehicle behind him driven by Renee Griffith, 42, of Cedar Falls, moved to the northbound lane to avoid contact and Dieterich collided with the right rear of the Griffith vehicle. Minor injuries were reported. Dieterich was cited for failure to yield upon entering a through highway. Damage to the Dieterich car was estimated at $4,000 while the Griffith vehicle damage was estimated at $7,000.
Marshalltown Fire Department
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an unauthorized burning at 412 E. Anson St., a detector activation-no fire-unintentional at 216 W. Meadow Lane and three medical assists with the EMS crew to: 202 S. 12th St., 509 W. Nevada St. and 2907 S. Sixth St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an alarm system activation due to a malfunction at 212 W. Ingledue St., an alarm system activation-no fire-unintentional at 212 W. Ingledue St. and three medical assists with the EMS crew to: 1104 E. State St., 7 N. 17th St. and 705 Fremont St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a detector activation-no fire-unintentional at 212 W. Ingledue St. and four medical assists with the EMS crew to: 2401 S. Second St., 100 W. Grant St., 309 S. 12th Ave. and 1705 W. Main St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a smoke detector activation-no fire-unintentional at 401 N. First St., a building fire at 1208 Highview Drive and five medical assists with the EMS crew to: 608 W. State St., 207 NewCastle Road, Second Avenue and Linn Street, 1619 S. 12th St. and 10n S. Seventh Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a dispatched/cancelled en route to 107 W. State St. and nine medical assists with the EMS crew to: 608 W. State St., 1007 S. 12th Ave., El Portal, 1211 W. State St., 1910 S. Center St., 1801 W. Main St., 911 Jackson St., 1027 S. Eighth Ave. and 307 S. Second St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a carbon monoxide incident at 712 Washington St., a motor vehicle accident with injuries at 260th Street and Ridge Road and seve medical assists with the EMS crew to: 312 1/2 N. Third St., 607 1/2 W. Church St., 307 W. Main St., 206 Nicholas Drive, 514 E. Olive St., 201 N. 22nd St. and 1202 S. Fourth St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a vehicle accident, general cleanup at South 16th Avenue and Norris Place, a smoke or odor removal at 207 W. Church St., a dumpster or other trash receptacle fire at 610 S. Sixth Ave., a no incident found upon arrival at dispatch address at 613 Union St. and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 402 N. 10th Ave., 208 S. Fifth Ave., 329 S. Third Ave., Third Street and Jerome Street, South 18th Avenue and East Anson Street and 1516 E. Olive St.