Daily Record, Sept. 22, 2020
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Monday
• Marcelena Kay Guevara made an initial appearance on a operating while under the influence-first offense charge and a one-way designation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Oct. 9. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Renee Lynn Rollins made an initial appearance on a no insurance charge and an improper use of lanes charge. Rollins pleaded guilty to both charges. On the no insurance charge the fine is $325 with a $48.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $428.75. The fine on the improper use of lanes is $135 with a $20.25 surcharge and $55 in court costs for a total of $210.25. All payments are due within 30 days.
• Gene Rodney Morgan made an initial appearance on a prohibited use of light restricting devices charge. Morgan pleaded guilty and the fine is $35 with a $5.25 surcharge and $55 in court costs for a total of $95.25, due within 30 days.
• Clayton Smith made an initial appearance on a domestic abuse assault display or use of a weapon-first offense charge and a harassment-first offense charge. Jeff Hazen was appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1p.m. on Sept. 28. Bond is set at $4,000 cash or surety. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Heather Lee Nicole Perdue made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge. Perdue pleaded guilty and the fine is $250 with a $37.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $347.50, due within 30 days.
• Grechet M. and Jesse W. Bishop to Destiney R. Bishop, 205 Second Ave., Dunbar
• Loreen R. Curley to Spencer E. Wolf, 2215 Gary Court
• Teresa L. Paul, Teresa L. and Timothy R. Rebik to Alicia M. and Ross C. McInteer, 121 Rockbridge Circle, Rhodes
• Jocelyn Morales to JBI Cooperative Association, 1306 E. Nevada St.
• Orton Homes LLC to Bailee B. and Chase Frei, 2614 S. Eighth St.
• Rena L. Bartlett to Bonnie R. and Dennis J. Bartlett, 1497 Mormon Ridge Road,, Albion
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, a theft from a motor vehicle was reported in the 300 block of South Sixth Street.
• On Sunday, a hit and run accident was reported to the Marshalltown Police Station.
• On Friday, a burglary of a motor vehicle was reported in the 1700 block of Olson Way.
• On Saturday, Carl Eugene Bartell, 38, was cited for fraudulent use of registration and no insurance.
• On Monday, James Ceaser, 35, was arrested for child endangerment-bodily injury.
• On Monday, Anna Monge-Marquez, 21, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Sunday, Rogelio Martinez Hernandez, 20, was arrested for trespass-first offense and theft-fifth degree.
• On Saturday, Carl Bartell, 38, was arrested for driving while license is denied, canceled, revoked or suspended, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance-third or subsequent offense.
• On Saturday, Thomas Marson, 38, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Saturday, Derek Jongma, 37, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-first offense.
• On Friday, Steven Vogel, 31, was arrested for criminal mischief-fifth degree-hate crime, on an agency assist and assault with intent to inflict serious harm.
• On Friday, John Noid, 84, was arrested for public urination.
• On Friday, Jesus Montes, 31, was arrested for failure to obey a traffic control device, no valid driver’s license and operating while under the influence-first offense.
• On Friday, Jesus Morales, 23, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Friday, Lance Walker, 40, was arrested for public intoxication-first offense.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Sunday, Peyton Messerli, 22, was arrested for operating while under the influence-first offense and failure to maintain control.